[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap alternative to RC hydraulics? I want RC hydraulics but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: rchydraulics.jpg (6 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
rchydraulics.jpg
6 KB, 318x159
Cheap alternative to RC hydraulics?

I want RC hydraulics but one piston alone costs you more than fucking 100 bucks. Which is absolutely insane. And hydraulics are a pain in the ass to work with anyway, so I want to make it manually.

What is the best way to make them? I was thinking maybe mod some syringes with small tubes and an air compressor. So the hydraulics become pneumatics.

Any ideas how to control it? Those RC hydraulic sets are way too expensive.
>>
>>931397
K.I.S.S.

Can you use an electric linear actuator?
If so, do that.
>>
>>931397
> Which is absolutely insane
Tends to be the way, they are high tolerance, precision made devices that need to take a hell of a beating, and because hydraulics tend to be messy, complex systems, not many people use them unless literally nothing else will do the job. Low demand = Smaller production runs = Premium pricing.

> I was thinking maybe mod some syringes with small tubes and an air compressor. So the hydraulics become pneumatics.

I've actually tried this, the rubber cap on the syringe plunger is a pretty tight fit to the tube, meaning you need a fuck load of pressure which tends to blow the lines off the nipple before the plunger actually moves. Hydraulic worked a little better but it was messy as fuck and the tight cap still made life difficult.

Whats your application?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.