[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trouble applying decal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 20160114_190429.jpg (587 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160114_190429.jpg
587 KB, 2048x1152
Hi /diy/, coming here from /o/. I bought this decal awhile ago and was super excited when it finally came in after a month or so of waiting. When I try to take off the transfer paper the decal doesn't come off with it, it stays stuck on the notecard/backing thing. Any possible way to get this off or am I completely boned? :(
>>
>>931103
Have you tried taping it to the car while you do multi-lane drifting to eurobeat and seeing if that helps?
>>
File: 2015-07-25 16.07.32.jpg (2 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-25 16.07.32.jpg
2 MB, 4208x3120
>>931103
you're going to have to peel back at the hardest angle you can, almost 180 degrees while using a ruler or something to keep the transfer paper flat. its a fucking pain in the dick. I'd be mad as fuck, either they used a shitty transfer paper or the wrong type of vinyl, because automotive vinyl is not very sticky.
>>
>>931120
Yeah, I'm not the only one who waited forever for one either. 3 or 4 other people are having the same problem right now. You think i could use a credit card like you would normally do trying to get it on an actual surface to get it to stick to the transfer paper if that doesn't work?
>>
File: 1404003273182.jpg (101 KB, 672x448) Image search: [Google]
1404003273182.jpg
101 KB, 672x448
>>931103
Ask Dagumi.
>>
>>931103
Use an eraser on your pencil to rub it, the friction creates heat and the pressure helps it hold.
>>
>>931103
>its not a WOT sticker
>>
>>931283
You mean WAT?
>>
Had the same problem, go up to a heat source and heat that sucker up so it's warm to the touch, worked for me
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.