[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how to pick this type of lock? Only tutorials I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone know how to pick this type of lock? Only tutorials I can find are for regular locks. Im studying abroad in italy and my dorm room has a staircase leading up to a locked empty room that I really want to open up so me and my room mate can have seperate rooms.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Closer view
>>
>>930860
Well, first you need to lie on your side.

Then you need a set of "curtain lock" picks.

They're annoyingly expensive. Apparently once you have the tool it's exactly the same as SPPing a tumbler lock.
>>
>>930860
There are plenty of videos on YouTube.
Here are the options in Russian.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B5+%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BA%D0%B0
>>
>>930860
Has it occurred to you that it's locked for a reason, it's not your property, you're just living there, and that it's not your business to be breaking into parts of the place that you're specifically locked out of? How about you ask the management if you can go in there, so they can tell you "no, that's off limits to you" and you can forget about this? Or do you want to get thrown out of the place? Use your head, OP.
>>
>>930900
Has it ever occurred to you that you are a huge pussy who probably never breaks the rules? Im paying 12k for a semester here and they put me in a cramped room with another person and refuse to let me live in the unoccupied room connected to mine. The reason they wont let me use it is because that room was supposed to be for the third person living with us, but that third person decided last minute to room in the other dorms so now we literally have an empty room and we aren't able to use it because they are too stubborn. So get the fuck out of here assuming im trying to be an asshole and break into rooms just because I can.
>>
>>930904
to be an asshole and break into rooms just because I can.

Do you even grok the words coming out of your brain?
>>
>>930860
That's where the grue lives.
>>
>>930904
That's actually a really good cause imo. Good luck anon!
>>
>>930960
if you're in italy then u must have seen by now a bunch of old furniture, use one of those old dish washer cabinnet keys... it il l prob open the door.
>>
Dude the fucking hardware is exposed to you.
Unscrew that and you can disengage the lock with just about anything.
>>
>>930978
One of the screws is even already out.
>>
>>930978
The lock cover is unscrewed. I dont understand how to disengage it
>>
>>930978
You're an idiot.

It's a mortice lock; mortice locks are called mortice locks because they're inserted into a mortice cut into the side of the door.

The thing you see with the screws is just decorative.
>>
>>931084
Ok but the bolt still has to be turned into the lock to open the door
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 659x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 659x572
>>931093
I don't think you understand how these things work.
>>
>>931096
How could I just disengage it though, it still needs to be picked
>>
>>931352
Of course it does. That's what you get for listening to >>930978 .
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.