[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here an HVAC tech? I'm wondering if my circuit is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 20160114_201205.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160114_201205.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Anyone here an HVAC tech? I'm wondering if my circuit is ok and I don't go back to class until Tuesday. This was from my third day so consider that when you see how crude this is.

>first pic is wiring diagram
>second pic will be my drawing of how I did it in class
>third will be my simplification of it.
>>
File: bored.png (927 KB, 1206x1981) Image search: [Google]
bored.png
927 KB, 1206x1981
>>930234
>>
File: DAY 3.png (864 KB, 1237x1984) Image search: [Google]
DAY 3.png
864 KB, 1237x1984
>>930235
This is the circuit in question
>>
schematic looks sorta awright. i'm not looking at the last 2 drawings coz it's too much work.
- the transformer is drawn wrong. there's no secondary coil.
- having a legend is stupid; you have to keep shifting your gaze between the wiring and the legend.
- the compressor uses two different contacts, which doesnt make much sense, unless you wanna isolate it for safety - in case some idiot wants to work on it while powered.
>>
>>930244
that's not what I was asking but ok
>>
>>930244
I just realized you think there are two seperate contactors, L2 is fed from the contactor as well as L1. You sure you read that right?
My original question was if my third pic was good with the pigtails and all. If you're too lazy to examine I understand.
>>
the wiring in the last drawing is all ok, but the drawing itself is far from perfect. if you position the parts logically, in a manner similar to the schematic, then you end up just 4 or 5 crossed wires, instead of it looking like spaghetti, with about 25 cross-overs.
>>
>>930284
I was trying to do that and I just can't figure how to do it without looking like spaghetti, lol.
Thankyou for checking it out for me.
>>
File: 20160112_101158.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160112_101158.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
here's where the magic happens, two to a station. tiny spaces, we're trying here in America.
>>
You'll be fine definitely pay attention to electrical portion of class very important. Now off to a 8 hour steam job.
>>
>>930400
I'd have put the live jellyfish at the top and the ground jellyfish at the bottom.

The majority of your crossing tentacles are relatively-boring live and ground ones, and you can emphasise their boring, rail-like nature by putting them at the top and bottom like in the circuit diagram.
>>
>>930234
What's the origin of the drawing relays like capacitors thing?
>>
i can help you with the calculations if you want anon , im recently just studied electrical theory and now im putting that into effect on dc motors etc but i know all the formulas if needed
>>
also why have you got an transformer inducting onto nothing ? and do you have to show what type of D.c motors you'll be using for the fans? i'd suggest a shunt motor as you want the speed to be constant and the way you have to wiring set up indicates that
>>
>>930234
Where's the thermostat?
>>
>>930403
I know that's right brotha.
>>
>>930234
ladder diagram matches with circuit drawing fine. just add the secondary winding on the transformer.

aside from that, i would wire the OFM so both sides are off CC. i hate when they leave one line live to condenser fan motors, especially when there is a perfectly good two pole contactor right there.

also, why have a pilot light on when unit is off?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.