[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/ So I'm sure some of you are familiar with Hitchhikers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (852 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
852 KB, 2048x1536
Hello /diy/

So I'm sure some of you are familiar with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. For my man cave I want my door to sigh when it opens and closes.

I can't find anything online to buy that does it, so I guess I'm going to have to make one. I don't expect to start with shit like this right away, build my way up to it with smaller projects.

I've messed a bit with electronics. I've built a Jacobs ladder and a tesla coil, replaced capacitors on computers, and so forth.

Anyway tl;dr

I wanna build a sighing door thing, but haven't really messed with things like this - where do I begin?
>>
Arduino and many other microcontrollers can play WAV files because those are just a sequence of voltage levels you dump to a DAC. You'll probably want to connect an amplifier to that because a speaker driven directly will be quite. Have a switch trigger the sound to play when the door is opened. A reed switch or hall effect sensor will form a switch triggered by a magnet which is a popular way to implement door burglar alarms.
>>
NEW RECORD MESSAGES TALKING PICTURE FRAME SILVER.

you just wire a switch across the 'play' button on the front. could be a self-adhesive magnetic switch, so you dont mar the door.
>>
Waist way would be a limit switch. Door opens it trips, door closes it trips. From the switch you could go to any number of devices. Eg... that dudes talking picture frame.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.