[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac here, ready to answer your DIY question. Whatdya got?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Mac here, ready to answer your DIY question. Whatdya got?
>>
File: Faith_Off_40.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Faith_Off_40.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
does your swiss army knife still have the tweezers & toothpick?
>>
>>929814
yes, it does
>>
File: agsdfg.png (127 KB, 832x684) Image search: [Google]
agsdfg.png
127 KB, 832x684
>>929812
have pic related. how to escape?
>>
File: 1448490952878.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448490952878.png
1 MB, 1280x720
what the fuck is the phoenix foundation?
>>
>>929812
When you put your head in that learning device left behind by the Ancients, did you somehow know that you'd be able to build that power booster device for the Stargate so you could reach Thor's people and get the knowledge out of your head before it killed you, or did you just not think about the possible consequences at all?
>>
File: d_1294.jpg (87 KB, 400x810) Image search: [Google]
d_1294.jpg
87 KB, 400x810
FIrst let me thank you anon for making this thread. I have a toughie. I have to solder wires to pic related. How the hell do I get good solid joints? I scuffed the metal a bit to rough it up, and I'm really hoping I can just tap some solder onto the surface and then apply the wires. I've been told there isn't a kitten's chance in a microwave that it'll hold. Wat do?
>>
>>929832
Second
>>
>>929893
Flux.
>Kittens chance in a microwave
>>
>>929893
How big is it?
The biggest problem with soldering something that looks big is that is is big
What is it made out of brass or something?
I'm not much of a materials guy so I can't tell you that it will chemically work but I would tin it first with the plumbers method: Steel wool to clean, flux, blow torch (ideally MAPP gas) then dollop some solder on where you want the wire.
Then use a normal iron to tin the wire and re wet both parts to get them to stick. Ideally have the leads pre tinned and try one at a time to keep the joint hot, don't let it cool down.
With an iron on a big thing you won't have the power, it will sink all the heat you can throw at it.
I soldered an led to a 2p coin with a 100w iron once, took 8 minutes.
>>
I need to replace the radiator on my 98' Honda Accord, 4 cylinder.

How do I even take it out? What tools do need?
>>
>>929981
lol, is that you again accordfag? my ex destroyed my legend by driving it without water 20km up a mountain.
a socket set and a new radiator. you dont even need a specific oem radiator, you can buy a radiator that will suit the job for 100$ or so off ebay. then another 20$ for pipe fittings and a meter of steel flat bar to adapt the hose sizes and radiator mount points.
>>
>>929975
I have rosin-core solder, that's all I got.

>>929979
It's about 2" in diameter but it's the back of a carbon microphone. I can't blow torch it, it's full of carbon granules and a thin diaphram. Thanks for the hepp guys
>>
File: IMG_20160114_103937373.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_103937373.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Mac, what is this thing?
>>
>>930035
Transformer, to supply low voltage.
Probably for a doorbell (possibly for a thermostat)
>>
>>929812

You ever seen a monkey fuck a football?
>>
What about that, Mac:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCLmrap83E
>>
New board rule: all small-question threads must now feature Richard Dean Anderson pictures. No questions will be answered that are not addressed to Mac.
>>
>>930678

second.
>>
>>930678
>>930706
Yup.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.