[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here have experience with NFC tags and the hardware used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: NFC-Tag.jpg (60 KB, 645x441) Image search: [Google]
NFC-Tag.jpg
60 KB, 645x441
Anybody here have experience with NFC tags and the hardware used to read them? Is there a way I can make my own readers so I'm not spending 50 bucks a pop?
>>
Any modern smartphone can read them.
>>
>>929965
Yes but I'm looking into a project that requires about ten separate readers all working at the same time. I don't have 10 smartphones
>>
You can buy ten unlocked cell phones for less than 50 each.
>>
>>930541
Where exactly? I went over ebay/alix and couldn't find anything in that price range.
>>
>>930615
So don't buy new phones then. But you'll have a really hard time find cheap 2nd hand phones with NFC readers.
And don't expect that you can rip out the readers and cobble 'm to an arduino

Tell first what the fuck you're trying to accomplish
>>
>>930859
That's the thing though, I'd need readers that I can hook to an arduino.

Me and some buddies are attempting to make Duel Disks from YuGiOh, just to see if it could be done.
>>
>>931398
And there's a response from someone that never been laid can prob find nfc readers cheap on aliexpress any shipping company uses them to track pallets
>>
>>931404
Nah dude all the real niggas remember YuGiOh
>>
Why don't you use RFID instead? It's cheaper.
>>
>>931466
>Nah dude all the real niggas remember YuGiOh
underage b& + 2 years
>>
>>930615
Then how the heck aren't you finding $12 nfc reader modules marked as for arduino there?
>>
>>931490
This. If you want to make a battle disk, all you need is a ID for every card, then you can make a database with the IDs. You can even use ygopro to simulate the interactions.
>>
>>931490
>>932160
I hadn't even considered RFID. I was planning on using NFC in the same way, but if RFID is cheaper, that's great!

Where's the best place to buy RFID resources?
>>
Everywhere I look, it seems like NFC is cheaper, which brings me back to my first question: What do I need to make a basic NFC reader that could be hooked to an arduino or Pi?
>>
>>932126
Just because you're a bitter 80 year old shit doesn't make yugioh new, its been out in the US for 15 years.
>>
>>931398
I love your goal so i did a search, i found 10 usd for an i2c compatible module, look up pn532 on your favorite Chinese retailers. I don't think you could get much cheaper.
>>
>>934096
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks man!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.