[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long story short, my buddy is about to move into our apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 51oOZ1LPp+L.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51oOZ1LPp+L.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Long story short, my buddy is about to move into our apartment and live in our walk-in closet

The one thing he really hates about it so far is that the lightswitch is on the outside of the closet door.

Whats the easiest way to allow him to use a remote or something to turn the light on and off from inside the closet?

I tried amazon but "light bulb remote" only brought up cheap looking stuff like pic related

thank you /diy/!
>>
>>929754
>light bulb remote
this

or just use a floor lamp/table lamp with its own switch

you are welcome
>>
Lutron Maestro wireless dimmer. Make sure to not get the RF variety as that kind needs line of sight to operate. Make sure you understand how to install the switch correctly, and research if the switch requires a neutral conductor, as older building wiring usually does not have a neutral at the switch.
>>
Depending on the light switch location, I would just just a hole on the inside wall of the closet, right behind the light switch, rotate the box and switch to be inside the closet, then put a blank plate over the hole on the out side.
>>
File: clapperbitchnigger.jpg (17 KB, 300x268) Image search: [Google]
clapperbitchnigger.jpg
17 KB, 300x268
>>929754
Lol @ light bulb remote... Here is the obvious answer brother. GL to your buddy moving into the closet!
>>
>>929977
>a hole on the inside wall of the closet,
>apartment

Nope.

Maybe replace fixture with a pullchain light fixture.
>>
File: 1441274867356.gif (551 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
1441274867356.gif
551 KB, 245x220
>>929754

What happened in his life that his best option is to live in a friend's closet jesus

and complain about a light switch?
>>
Good job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCLmrap83E
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.