[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stickers wont stay put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 20160113_180757.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160113_180757.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Kawaii deco anon here ^^
Recently ive purchased a sheet o super cute 3d stickers, however they've started to peel off at the edges, particularly the bigger ones like the ice cream cone :/
The same is happening to the ones on my phone. Is there any way to fix them or are the stickers simply no good or not usable for handheld devices?
>>
>>929571
Depending on how permanently you want them on there, you could always try and seal them in some way, maybe a Mod-Podge like spray (but please do some experimenting first!!)

You may want to try asking /cgl/ as well if you haven't already, but don't make a new thread or they'll tear you a new one. Try the help thread, or a decora or craft thread if one's up. Check the catalog.
>>
Cover them with a clear varnish spray of some kind. Many kinds are available, most will work. Be very careful not to spray important things on your device, eg ports, screens, etc.
>>
>>929571
those stickers are just backed by regular double sided tape.

you want to replace those with industrial super strong ones from ebay.

just peal them off, scrap off or pull away the original tape layer, then put on the super strong ones to cover the surface, then trim off the edges with a fine scissors or use cutter knifes.

also, clean the surface you are sticking to with alcohol first before sticking them on again.

this will give you a permanent stick.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.