[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sound insulation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Sound-Attenuation.gif (354 KB, 520x300) Image search: [Google]
Sound-Attenuation.gif
354 KB, 520x300
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I would like to create a sound insulation for my room by myself.
The problem is my upstairs neighbors, some lazy ass "students" who are home all day and do nothing but noise.
They walk barefoot or with their shoes on, and I can hear everything vibrating.
They can't speak normally, they can only shout, and apparently they don't sleep, as they don't go quiet even at night.
They rarely blast loud music/television though, so the problem is only the noise propagating (the vibrations are sometimes so strong I can actually feel them).
What is the best sound insulation solution for "stomping" noises?
Also, sorry for my English, not being it my mothertongue.
>>
There's fuck all you can do about that m8y
>>
>>929177
If you're in the states then you file a noise complaint with the landlord
>>
>>929177
When they're shouting, call the police and say there's a domestic dispute in the apartment. Keep repeating every day you hear them shout. They'll stop.
>>
>>929177
Just look for another place. Especially if it's propagating vibrations and stomps. The building is just shitty at stopping structural sound.

In a good, solid (no drywall's or wooden floors between neighbours) masonry building you'd hear a thud only if your neighbors dropped a piano.

You cant isolate because the sound is emitted in your room. Emitted from structure of it.
>>
>>929189
>>929192
I'm Italian, the police response would be slow and useless. They don' t care about domestic dispute. If I tell them about the noise, if you' re lucky they come and go knock their door and just tell them to shut up, else they won' t even show up.
>>929194
I wish I could. Yes the problem is the structure of the building being shitty, as it vibrates every time they simply walk around (and they tend not to sleep, as apparently they go to sleep at 2:30 and wake up at 5:30).
There have been some people sueing the companies who built their apartment, but that would be a huge waste of money and time.
I guess I'll just have to get used to ear plugs.
>>
>>929344
I had the same problem with the people living under me. Apparently at this point I was the noinsy student which they'd complain about. Allthough I swear to god taht I wouldn't even listen to music at night or anything. They were just really upset by the steps etc. As said, shitty building.
Wearing ear plugs is one solution. but I understand if you don't feel comfy with that.
Suing the people that built the apartment - way to go. That stuff will probalbly take longer than you or them will live there + it might not even work out.
My landlord kicked me out after some unjustified complains he had. I got myself a lawyer in order to stay in the flat. What he did, was to put carpeted floor in my room. Ever since, the people seem to have stopped complaining. If that doesn't work, I think there is something else that can be put under their floor material.
However, it is in their place that stuff needs to be adjusted, you got very little chance to change anything in your place as far as my knowledge goes...
Talk with your landlord about it, but in a nice way (as I know the side of the students [a bit]). Hope I could help anon!
>>
>>929354
I don' t think they' re reasonable.
I asked them to at least put felt pads under chairs, I even offered to buy them those, they told me "we have them".
2 months passed, still nothing.
So they don' t care, and I think not even their landlord.
I luckily don' t have a landlord, so I have to do it myself.
>>
File: Italian.jpg (32 KB, 500x515) Image search: [Google]
Italian.jpg
32 KB, 500x515
>>929344
>I'm Italian

Any chance you can move? I'm not sure where too but just saying.

Best /diy/ advice I have is a wall filled with sand or similar. I know some night clubs use lead sheet between rooms.
>>
I'm seriously thinking about asking them to put carpets (which I'll be paying for). Probably the best solution is just regular carpets, not the "moquette" (carpeted floor) as it is seen as unhygienic and unaesthetic in Italy.
Plus, it is difficult to clean (you need a vacuum cleaner for that, and they don't have it), while for carpets you can just use a carpet beater and you're done.
>>
>>929354
>Suing the people that built the apartment
AMERICAAA
>>
>>929344
>I'm Italian

Just go upstairs and murder one of them and the police will blame the other roommate, leaving you scotfree.
>>
>>929558
First I have to find an American girl to be my accomplice.
And a black person to blame for the murder.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.