[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, I have a problem. I'm trying to fix an old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: record player board.jpg (846 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
record player board.jpg
846 KB, 1520x2688
Alright guys, I have a problem. I'm trying to fix an old turntable I just picked up. The problem is, when you switch it to 45, it stops moving. This is the only real obvious problem I could find. These little horseshoe things are on the board that goes to the drive motor. And it looks like one is broken. Can anyone help me identify what these are or if this could be the problem? I'v exhausted all my google-fu and I'm not up to registering on some obscure forum right now.
>>
>>928398
You're on the money anon, that would be the speed adjust potentiometer for the 45rpm drive. The other would be for 33. And yes, it's fucked, the crack has broken the circuit path.

You'll need it's value to replace it. Have a close look. Do you see any numbers stamped on it? You may need to desolder it and have a look at the other side.
>>
>>928400
Oh shit, thanks anon. I'll take a look tomorrow, this was my last ditch effort before going to bed, diy is usually pretty slow. I'll post an update tomorrow if I find anything interesting. Goodnight!
>>
>>928401
Matter of fact, the one alongside looks kinda fucked as well, the center of the wiper appears to be out of alignment with the body of the trimmer. Might be worth replacing both if you're restoring this beastie.
>>
>>928552
Yeah, you're right. I have to adjust the tone all the way up to get it to the right speed. Wasn't really sure if that could be the problem. I'll take them off and see if I can get any values off the back. There is nothing written on the tops.
>>
>>928400
If there are no numbers, desolder it and measure the resistance with a multimeter.
>>
Welp, turns out I'm not going to be able to dig into it tonight. If anyone would like I can post updates and pictures when I get a chance.
>>
>>928856
do it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.