[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General question, but do y'all work fast or slow? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: comfy.png (14 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
14 KB, 426x364
General question, but do y'all work fast or slow? I'm a slow, methodical worker and that got me in a little trouble when I did painting, but I've found it helps me just in general. I do things right the first time instead of just rushing it.

What about y'all?
>>
I usually work really slow up until a deadline approaches then I work fast to finish at the last moment possible without being late
>>
>>928362
>implying you can't do things correctly and fast
>>
I'm fast and do it right the first time because I'm not a useless sob like op
>>
>>928376
this
but replace slow with don't do anything
and remove 'at the last moment possible without being'
>>
>>928362
Fast. I do basic health and safety research and then just jump in balls first. Otherwise I over analyze and scrutinize the problem.
>>
Measure and trace slowly and with indiscriminate autism.
Assemble and weld as fast as sanic.
>>
at least in 'Merica everything is all about "git 'er DONE!!"... i.e. just do it fast (or faster), quality or attention to detail be damned. b'cuz time=$ ya know.
I worked a bit in a cabinet making shop, I was not slow by any means but maybe not as 'fast' as the other two blokes who worked there. funny thing was my projects were done once. theirs were always in need of 'adjustments' and/or complete re-do.
at one point they hired a 4th guy and he really was sloooooooow; was sacked right away.
>>
File: boo_pepe.jpg (58 KB, 556x536) Image search: [Google]
boo_pepe.jpg
58 KB, 556x536
I work really fast but I usually don't have all the parts yet nor have a full plan formulated, so it ends-up taking me twice as long for half the quality because I fuck it all up trying to get it done prematurely.

So, to answer your question, both
>>
>>928362
I took out a shower in the basement of my house six? years ago and slowly redid it. Just need to finish that thinset and tile and I'll be almost done.

Usually how I roll is think about doing something, put it off, wake up on day off and go get everything and finish it in a day or two.
>>
The slower I work the faster I get done.

Learned this over many years.
>>
Work quick enough professionally with good quality results.

In my hobby time I take forever because I usually stop often to either admire my tools, the piece I am working on or swig some beer
>>
>>928362
Depends on what type of work, and what it's for.
I do lots of craft junk, and I'm more familiar with some, so obviously I go faster with things I've done more.
Also, if it's just for me, I take my time and usually focus on building skills. If it's for someone else, I'll go a bit faster to make sure I meet deadlines.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.