[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in seeing what /diy/ has come up with when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: diy-used-pallet-projects-44.jpg (120 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
diy-used-pallet-projects-44.jpg
120 KB, 600x563
I'm interested in seeing what /diy/ has come up with when it comes to repurposing ordinary things for household or other uses around the property. I am building my own house soon and I would really like a repurposed looking home decor.
>>
Building furniture out of pallets is a stupid hipster thing to do, there are no advantages, except being a hipster.
>>
>>927455
Carpentry in general is hipster nowadays
>>
>>927470
Carpentry is what framers do. Furniture isn't made by carpenters. You might argue that any kind of woodworking is under the umbrella of carpentry but we would argue that you are a cunt and need to shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>927483
Don't cry.
>>
>>927455
>>927483

When the person dosent give a flying fuck about the project and leaves ugly as sin obvious pallet parts showing like in OP's pic sure.

But If the take the time to plane and sand the boards smooth they can be turned into something useful.

Im not a fan of light wood. But if this was done up with a walnut stain i would love to put it on my front porch.
>>
File: hammnd.png (2 MB, 662x3433) Image search: [Google]
hammnd.png
2 MB, 662x3433
d-does this count as repurposing?
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
This 16x28 barn/shed is comprised of about 40% lumber/materials which otherwise woulda gone to landfill.
>>
>>927978
Op here, I like the raw look as well as a clean design. It's obviously preference and that is how I feel about it. I am not sure if they would look good together in the same room but they do both look good none the less.
>>
>>927986
Op here, I would think so. I classify repurposing as taking anything that was other wise useless or old and giving it new life or getting more use out of it as something else.
>>
File: pallet-chair.jpg (58 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
pallet-chair.jpg
58 KB, 600x479
>>928029

The rough look is fine for decoration pieces.

But anything you touch with skin on a somewhat regular basis should be sanded smooth.

I know its a design thing but to me when i see something like the OP pic i think its just ugly and lazy.

You can still get the rustic look while making a good looking project.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.