[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Used marine electronics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: NMEA2000_Modified_motor_yacht.jpg (391 KB, 1903x928) Image search: [Google]
NMEA2000_Modified_motor_yacht.jpg
391 KB, 1903x928
I work as a supplier of marine electronics and because of this i often end up with stuff that probably has some neat diy applications. I'm not interested in using it as intended, mostly because i don't have a boat.
Some of the stuff even work just fine, they're just worn or no longer meets todays regulations. So, any suggestions on what to do with VHF radios, radars, echosounders, and all sorts of antennae?
>>
stick something up your ass and stimulate your prostate with 500 wats of supersonic sound.
>>
>>926547
Might be valuable. EBay.
>>
>>926547
I've always thought while I've been on board that one guy with a VHF radio could completely fuck up a port if he wanted to by just constantly transmitting.

I don't recommend that though.
>>
sell them. they're probably worth a decent amount.
>>
>>926557
>>926579
Not really. They're the marine equivalent of that 90's computer hardware that take up room in the storage.
>>
>>926547
Why is that picture implying that ARPA is part of the Radar and not part of the computer?
>>
>>926547
Build a tank, please build a tank.
>>
>>926547
- Invertor, charger, batteries: put towards an off-grid solar power setup, stealth-van power, RV power, home backup power in case of power failure
- Stereo, speakers: they are essentially car stereos and speakers, so put them in a car
- 12V fridge: stealth van, RV
- WiFi booster, antenna: steal WiFi
>>
>>926547
>I supply marine electronics and I don't have a boat
Must suck to be you
>>
File: OP_in_his_boat.jpg (225 KB, 1852x1227) Image search: [Google]
OP_in_his_boat.jpg
225 KB, 1852x1227
>>926547
>i don't have a boat.
Lets all chip in and buy OP a boat.
>>
>>926745
>>926889
Not really. I actually have no interest in boating, i'm just a technician who happen to work with them.
>>
>>926550
10/10 would do if I were op
>>
>>926559
seems like the kind of thing that the FCC would make you a fucktoy for.
>>
>>926547
Donate it to a charity and write it off, someone will buy it.
>>
>>926944
I bet boaties are like hammies, they'd triangulate your transmitter and track you down before the FCC even showed up
>>
>>926955
More accurately, the coastguard would find you and fuck up your shit.
>>
>>927025
i was an Electronics tech in the CG. I seriously doubt this would happen. Most of them are not capable of even properly working the electronics on their own boats. They do have direction finding equipment but it rarely works. In reality if you spammed one channel people would just start using a different one.
>>
>>927128
let me add that if you were doing it on the emergency channel (16) that would be different.
>>
>>927130
I dunno, I've been to a lot of places (namely China) where people spam shit on channel 16 like it's a CS 1.6 server.
>>
>>927261
Varies from location to location. Ch16 in Nigeria was impossible to use. Here in Scandinavia it's quiet apart from its intended use
>>
>>927284
Which part of Nigeria? I didn't find it too bad but the SPM we were at wasn't in a very populated area.

Yeah, Europe is pretty great on the whole for being professional on radio, and I'd assume Scandinavia would be the same.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.