[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a lot of tools which I want to hang over the wall. However,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: toolbox[1].jpg (48 KB, 582x460) Image search: [Google]
toolbox[1].jpg
48 KB, 582x460
I have a lot of tools which I want to hang over the wall.

However, there is little space.

Do you know if there is a software for this? what is the optimal position of various polygons on a surface?
>>
hang on* the wall
>>
Make a grid on ms paint.
Measure tools
Make a metric ie 1 square on inch/cm etc
Lay out that way.
Only thing I could think of is plotting software but I don't think your want to spend 300 dollars to organize tools
>>
>>925178
hmm I am not looking for a trial-and-error method, unless it is machine-made
so yes I am curious to know the names of the softwares used by professionnals who have a similar layout problem
>>
>>925180
I don't think anybody bothers to mathematically model something so simple as a tool rack. Just bang some nails into the wall and hang shit up. You can get a lot more done if you spend your time actually working on something rather than planning how you hang your tools on the wall.
>>
put a piece of plywood on the wall, screw in screws where you want to hang tools.
>>
>>925180
Holy shit. I hope your not serious.
Auto cad has a plotter function. But for the time used to layout 1 tool in it, you could have laced the all out in ms paint or a picture. Not to mention auto cad costs like 700 bucks.
Seriously. Make a grid and lay it out. It's the easiest and cheapest way
>>
>>925172
Just how autistic are you?
Is this a school assignment? Because no one would waste time on this. You will lose and replace tools over time anyway, no point making custom place for that one particular pair of pliers.

Just do what other reasonable anons said here - screw some screws into plywood and you are done.
>>
>>925172
Task-organization is much more important than neatness or getting everything on the wall or in your bag.

If you got all your shit on your wall but you scattered your various sized punches all over the place because they are tiny and can fill slots... that's dumb because you could just have them all in one place and whenever you need 'a punch' you look there, and pick the size you want. Instead of needing to remember 'the 3/8 punch is on the top right? Or the top left?'
>>
>>925196
the other cheapest and easiest way is get paper, cut out tool profiles, then add double sided tape to the back. then layout until you're happy with it, then start adding hanging screws/nails/pegboard hooks.
>>
>>925172
pegboard
>>
>>925180

Personally I would set up a grid in Photoshop, using shapes in different layers to move em around individually until you make it all fit in the space.

Hell if I had a list of your tools and the wall size is consider doing it for you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.