[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I bought these Gedore screwdrivers and they are getting a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160104_202136931.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_202136931.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2000
So, I bought these Gedore screwdrivers and they are getting a little rusty where there is no vanadium coating. Is it normal? What can I do to prevent this? They are stored in my drawer and they had no contact with water at all.
Thanks in advance!
>>
Motor oil or grease will prevent rust on tools
>>
yep it's a good idea to give tools a light coating of grease or oil
>>
>>924999
>They are stored in my drawer and they had no contact with water at all.
The moisture in the air car be enough to rust tools. A coat of some kind of oil will do as other anons already said. Or you could just clean the rust off with light steel wool whenever it occurs.
>>
File: IMG_20160104_225624210.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_225624210.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Thank you, guys. I was wondering why don't they coat the entire screwdriver with vanadium?
I have these pliers and they are all coated with Vanadium.
>>
>>925068
Man, those are beautiful.

I've never seen a single Gedore tool in-person other than a handful of those junk made in India Gedore wrenches.
>>
>>925068
Vanadium isn't a coating to prevent rust, its in the metal of the tool. Its part of the alloy and is there to add strength to the steel. The 'coating' is chrome. The reason they don't chrome the tips is because use will damage the coating and it will flake off.
>>
If you actually used them, they wouldn't fucking rust.

Since you don't use your tools, put some oil on a rag and rub everything down that isn't plated.
>>
Buy Wihas next time.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.