[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello good people of /diy/!! I was hoping you could help me with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: a-1307.jpg (45 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
a-1307.jpg
45 KB, 800x354
Hello good people of /diy/!! I was hoping you could help me with my crossover needs. I am trying to make a high pass filter for my two way speakers system in my living room. I have a bunch of old audio equipment that I can tear into for parts (resistors, caps, etc.) Although I have very limited knowledge on what to use. I was hoping some of you could point me in the correct direction to make an "in line" high pass filter for my tweeter. Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>>924914
All you need is a resistor and a cap and calculate the cutoff frequency. What frequencies is your tweeter rated for?
>>
1,200hz to 20k
>>
>>924928
You'll probably want a lower cutoff frequency of around 1.3k, so a resistor of 12k and a cap of 10nF should get you close. Check out http://www(dot)electronics-tutorials(dot)ws/filter/filter_3.html for more details.

A LPF to protect the high end would be a good idea too. For a cutoff of 20kHz, a resistor of 800 ohms and a cap of 10nF will do.

I chose 10nF because it is a fairly common component, then chose the resistor based off that capacitor since they are much more plentiful. When you get your components, measure them and make sure the cutoff frequency calculated is still good. There are manufacturing tolerances and they could easily change how your filters behave.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.