[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
getting rid of coffee smell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1450129180597.jpg (10 KB, 275x155) Image search: [Google]
1450129180597.jpg
10 KB, 275x155
Hey /diy/. I'm in a bit of a pinch.

I'm at work right now. I spilled a cup of coffee across a three level glass cabinet/desk. I've managed to clean the most of it up, but there are little nooks and crannies I cannot possibly get to (without completely dismantling the case, which I cannot do, as it is not my property and in a public place).

My problem lies in that although I can't see anymore spilt coffee, I can certainly smell it. Which isn't awful right now, but I imagine will be once it goes rancid.

What exactly can I do about the smell? Anything? Some of the nooks and crannies are so closely sealed only the coffee liquid could seep through them, so I have a feeling even if I could dismantle things, it wouldn't be a full fix.
>>
coffee does not go rancid. unless by coffee you mean milk in which case I don't know, discreetly start a fire?
>>
>>924844
Oh. I was under the impression it would go bad/rot. It was a Starbucks 'americano' to be more exact - which if I understand right is a couple shots of expresso and some hot water.

If it won't then that's kind of a weight off my shoulders.
>>
>>924847
yeah if it's just coffee and water and not something with a lot of dairy there will be little smell, and what smell there is will not be particularly unpleasant.
>>
Lemon juice and a small amount of hot sauce wipe where it's needed with a cloth.
>>
Try some tea tree oil and water in a spray bottle. I'm not sure how much water needed to dilute it.
>>
>>924842
for nooks and crannies, hot water into them then use an air duster or hair dyer to blow it out onto a towel or cloth.
>>
>>925175

I'd dilute to a ridiculous level, my girlfriend uses it for skin care and I can smell that crap when she opens it in the bathroom from a room and a half away
>>
>>924842
>getting rid of coffee smell
why would you ever want to do such thing, coffee smells fucking good.
People used to burn coffee beans inside the fish tanks of fishing ships, to get rid of the fish smell.
>>
>>926399
> stop liking what I don't like
Fuck off you stained tooth foul breathed bean tweeker
>>
>>926406
lэl
i rarely drink coffee, which doesn't mean i should hate its smell, lardlad
>>
>>924842
Cum into the nooks
>>
Just piss all over the cabinet, i promise you it wont smell like coffee at all
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.