[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pin and Pinch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 71WYLMoKDDS._SL1500_.jpg (138 KB, 1500x1430) Image search: [Google]
71WYLMoKDDS._SL1500_.jpg
138 KB, 1500x1430
I'm trying to slim some of my dress shirts to a better fit, and i've gotten a great shape with pins, but i'm getting a weird bulb of material on the chest area like a ( ) between the two buttons. i've tried loosening up some fabric but it's not working. it seems to happen when i pin the armpit smaller
>>
File: IMG_20160103_164547.jpg (809 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_164547.jpg
809 KB, 1536x2048
there is a picture of it
>>
>>924438
>>924432
What you're doing would work if you were a guy.

Issue here is that women's clothes require darts and wedges to fit over the bust properly. That shirt likely fit well enough before you tightened it up. If you read up on bodice pattern making, or check out a fitted women's blouse, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Your options are to either add stretch panels to side or back (shirring, elastic panel, etc) or to add fabric wedges to sides. Since you're taking in garments, you may not have enough extra fabric for second option.
>>
>>924485
i'm a guy i have a larger chest... but not breasts...
>>
>>924531
lose the moobs
>>
>>924438
>slim
>better fit
obviously not
>>
>>924485
>darts and wedges
that's the answer. let that shit back out and resign yourself to needing more pins and stitches.
>>
>>924531
Sorry. Basically, you need to leave more room in the shirt; you're making it too tight
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.