[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/ i have this beast: Conion C-100F and i'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-23-21-21.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-23-21-21.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Hello /diy/ i have this beast: Conion C-100F and i'm thinking of modding it and replace the top deck with a bluetooth/usb player
I dont want to change anything cosmetically
I will hide the usb connector inside the cassette port and repurpose the cassette buttons to the bluetooth speaker buttons
I'll buy a cheap bluetooth speaker and crack it open and transplant it inside and connect the btSpeaker lines instead of the top deck lines
Is it possible? I dont want to ruin my boombox also i want it to have more functionality
>>
The buttons on a tape deck aren't simple pushbuttons. It's a fairly complicated mechanical system: Play button pushes the head into place and locks the eject button. Stop button pulls the head back and unlocks the eject button, etc. The actual electronic buttons are buried in the mechanical apparatus, so you can't just strip out the mechanisms and have a regular set of buttons.

You'll have to completely remove the tape deck, salvage the plastic bits that go on top of the buttons, then put those on a new set of pushbuttons on a new circuit board.
>>
>>924377
I was looking to do this project myself. I was just going to wire in an auxiliary port and stuff a blue tooth receiver. I still have a stack of cassette's
>>
>>924479
Maybe it's cuz I'm black, but this makes me think of growing up in Brooklyn in the late 80s. Godspeed :)
>>
>>924377
I did this to a two deck boombox I picked up a while ago.

Buy a tape deck adapotor and a Bluetooth receiver. It's basic after that.

I recommend:
http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot-Bluetooth-Streaming-Smartphones/dp/B00MJMV0GU
This thin can pair to two devices at a time and last for more than ten hours regardless of volume.

And a monster cable tape adaptor.
>>
>>926256
Just run the wire from the deck to a discreet spot for the receiver (its smaller than a matchbox).
>>
>>924377
There are cassete-shaped bluetooth inserts that require zero modding to use and still let you use your aging magnetic media. That would be the simplest and likely most reliable way to do a foolproof 'mod' without experience or damage.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.