[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I am wondering how to make a custom anvil. I have so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 48395835346.jpg (4 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
48395835346.jpg
4 KB, 269x187
Guys, I am wondering how to make a custom anvil.

I have so many anvils as it is, but they're all pretty bland and uninspiring, so it's hard to bargain them to other anvil hoarders. I just want to be rid of them.

Any tips appreciated.
>>
>>923448
>Anvil hoarding is now a thing.
Damn
>>
>>923462
Wile E. Coyote needs all the anvils he can get.
>>
>>923448
Don't customize your anvils. It will only decrease their value. What you need to do is find people who know their shit (aka blacksmiths. you know, poeple that actually use anvils) and sell to them.

Anvils are designed certain ways for certain reasons. They are tools, not collectibles. If you try to sell a customized one to someone who knows their shit, they will just laugh and walk away.

Unless your anvils are cheap cast iron capped shit that noone wants anyway. Then do wtf you want, they aren't worth any more then their scrap value anyway.
>>
>>923448
This shit was posted on several boards. It is one or more people just posting anvils every fucking place.
>>
File: alasin.jpg (129 KB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
alasin.jpg
129 KB, 1024x574
>>923462
well atleast the finnish made lokomo's are very hard to get since there are guys that don't even use them they just hoard them and sell them with 10 - 15 euros/kg so they are expensive as fuck nowdays

allthough they are def. worth the money since they endure fucking everything
>>
>>923448
>Being an anvil hoarder

Thanks for making anvils prohibitively expensive for people like me.
>>
>>923448
fuck you, i need an anvil
>>
This is a little bit like going on /k/ to ask how best to bubba up a pristine Mauser
>>
I also need an anvil you cunts
>>
Fuck you guys i also want my anvil stop hoarding them all
>>
File: Boettger2-2_620.jpg (20 KB, 620x261) Image search: [Google]
Boettger2-2_620.jpg
20 KB, 620x261
>>923448
http://www.anvilfire.com/21centbs/anvils/making/gallery.php
>>
>>923448
You hoarding fuckers are the worst, sooner people actually need told to get things done and here you are asking how to ruin then and make it so no one will ever want your shut even when you die and your family true to clean up your trash. Fuck you.
>>
If OP were serious he wouldn't bother asking /diy/ since he'd already know his options.
>>
Smithing is like welding and machining. Either shit the money for quality equipment, relentlessly acquire knowledge to score it for less than retail, or find another interest.

BTW you can pad weld, hardface, and grind or have ground even badly worn old anvils to make them quite useful. I don't bother smithing because waste of time artshit but I weld and machine. Get with those who can improve what you have after studying what you need.
>>
>>924051
has anyone ever been so far as
>>
>>923498
In funland you can get a Eastern block anvil for half the prize of a Lokomo. Check out the guys that scavenge blacksmithing shit from Estonia and even deeper in the darkness. Häntäpenkkejä ja alasimia lokomoja halvemmalla...
>>
>>923569
Do you want one of mine? I have too many as it is.
>>
File: 1442967684870.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1442967684870.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>923494
It's just one guy trying to make the next big meme.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.