[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Inherited a house in Macon, Georgia.
Staying there this week to fix it up.
Flooding is getting really bad in the area.
Water in my basement seems to be coming from this thing.

What is this thing? It doesn't seem to open in any way I can find, I think it's welded shut.
>>
Sump pump cover?
>>
>>922139

and/or a sewage pump if you're below the drain line or septic line.

does it smell unholy?
>>
Get it inspected
>>
>>922133
Can you pry it up?
>>
>>922133
>building a house in a Gulf state with a basement
Somebody done goofed.
>>
>>922171
>not knowing where Macon is

It's not fucking Savannah or New Orleans, faggot.
>>
UPDATE

I've been told by a few neighbors that this could be a sealed access to the legendary "underground tunnels" of the historic downtown area.

> "They go from the old Sanatorium all the way under [historic downtown] and lead to the basements and crawl spaces under some houses."

>>922139
>>922146
It smells like a flooded basement that's been home to molds and rotting rodents for a century.

>>922151
Everyone is booked solid for a month. The whole town is flooding.

>>922167
Looks like the concrete was poured around it, and later the "hatch" welded shut.
>>
>>922359
Get in there and swim to steal the Jew gold.
>>
>>922359
You need to open that thing up and go spelunking/cave diving.
>>
>>922171
>georgia
>gulf state
>>
>>922133
What are the dimensions?
>>
>>922359
Please please PLEASE the love of god investigate that thing.
What if it is an entrance? Could you imagine...
>>
>>922416
>yo, obv. hidden entrance to atlantis, OPEN IT NOW!

He'll prolly drown 1st, you stupid fucks - can none of you comprehend his actual, current situation, or, you all suffer from incurable PandorasBox syndrome?

When the water tables sunk again a bit, by all means investigate, tho. Meantime, thats probably sealed for good reason, and, color me cynical, but that reason is probably spelt S-E-W-Etcetera.
>>
File: 1347825178794.jpg (13 KB, 252x191) Image search: [Google]
1347825178794.jpg
13 KB, 252x191
>>922359

well it's obviously been that way for awhile, another month or two won't kill you but you obviously can't do much to the house especially during this el nino horseshit

glhf
>>
>>922133
OP,
don't do it yet. Wait till the flooding subsides.

Chances are, it could be a sewer ejector pump, those are usually sealed, if it's not your access way to the old tunnels.

Either way, make sure you bring a light, or you'll likely be eaten by a grue.
>>
>>922429
Fuck off ADF.
>>
>>922587
Hes trying to keep OP from getting his secret Jew golds.
>>
>>922133
cistern?
>>
>>922359
I've heard of underground tunnels in Seattle before. It wouldn't surprise me if they had more like them in other places.
>>
>>922133
damn it could take a week to cut through with angle grinder, but I think it would be worth it..Tunnelbro
>>
Update.

>>923312
I agree. Not worth it. I've sent photos to some local historians, no replies yet.

I've listed the house for sale and returned to Colorado. The Realtor tells me that it's highly unlikely to be sold anytime soon. The Macon real estate market is stone cold dead.

It's fun to entertain the fantasy of valuable historical artifacts under grandmah's old house, but odds are that the metal in the thing is worth more than whatever is under it.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I had hoped this was something obvious, but we may all have to live with never knowing.

If one of the historians gets back to me with an answer, I'll post it to /diy/.
>>
OP here. I finally pried it open and found your mom.
>>
Most likely a sump cover or something similar if water is coming from it, would be good to know and fix the problem, pass on the cost to the new owners.

But considering it's easy to buy a grinder and be a man, cut the fucking thing open and get down in that hooker hole.

IF it was connected to some underground tunnel... well guess what's your new number one selling feature.

Or better still, take that other guy's advice and send someone swimming after the Jew gold, they have so much.
>>
>>923318
Let me into your basement and I will buy your house with some of the jew gold i find in the tunnels
>>
>>923318
>selling a house
>in Darkest Macongo
Yeah good luck with that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.