[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kit planes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: longez.jpg (123 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
longez.jpg
123 KB, 1200x812
Has anybody on /diy/ ever built a kit plane or homebuilt?

I recently learned about the long-EZ, and now I really want to try building one.
>>
>>921423
You still need a pilot licence and a permission from gov to fly the plane that you build
>>
>>921766
Working on a pilot's license already.
>>
>>921766
No you don't. Please google FAR 103.
>>
>>922630
This can do 200 knots, it weighs 2000 pounds, and carries 56 gallons of fuel.
>>
HOLY I want one. But I have a j-3. It gets me up enough lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSvzbhlEuc
>>
>>923176
He was the one who had a retarded fuel setup, and wound up standing on the rudder pedal while trying to change the fuel tank.
>>
>>922630
>FAR 103
long-EZ is way out of spec for that.
>>
>>921423
>look up build times
>even the simplest models take hundreds of hours

I get that planes are complex, but could someone with experience explain the time distribution in building one at home? Is it mostly dealing with a garage setup that isn't as efficient as a specifically optimized factory?
>>
Yes, it was the plane that killed John Denver. So at least it's got that going for it...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.