[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I wanted to start making some music as a side project and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
If I wanted to start making some music as a side project and/or hobby. What type of program(s) would I need and how much would it cost? Would genre matter? What about recording equipment how much would that cost and what exactly would I need/ what is recommended ?
>>
Google these questions. It sounds like you have no fucking idea what you want to do. Asking giant general questions and wanting specific exacting answers is something a lazy fucktard does. Your music will probably suck ass.
>>
File: 1373280841317.jpg (388 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1373280841317.jpg
388 KB, 1280x960
>>921390
A few years back when I played with making songs, I used Cakewalk Home Studio and it had everything for recording mixing down separate tracks of audio and MIDI.
You could use audio loops with it but it was not real easy to do.

If you want to make techno/loop music, then there is programs targeted at that--Fruityloops (now FL Studio) is a bigger one.

Plus there is freeware/Linux programs too. But they are usually pretty shit compared to the ones you pay for.

-------

As I saw it, PCs are great for mixing down but aren't real good at the actual "recording" part. You can easily spend $2000+ trying to build a PC that has the input ports you want, runs totally silent AND has no lag issues when recording.
Nowadays you can just go spend $300-$400 and get a portable multitrack recorder (flash or hard drive-based) and it is way easier to use, is portable, comes with phantom power XLR ports and has no noise or lag problems at all. You just gotta copy the recorded files onto your PC for mixing down and adding effects.

{pic unrelated}
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.