[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broken SMD Part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: BrokenSMD PArt.jpg (263 KB, 1258x1184) Image search: [Google]
BrokenSMD PArt.jpg
263 KB, 1258x1184
Howdy,

i am trying to identify this broken SMD Part. It was on the pcb of a fluke 87 IV i got for free because it had suffered falling damage. I already identified a broken smd resistor but i have no clue what this thing could be.
>>
Looks like a resistor. See if you can measure the broken parts with another meter.
>>
>>921130
Is there any part designation on the board? If so, you could try calling Fluke and asking what that particular resistor on that meter is.
>>
No Parts designator anywhere on the board. And since the part is broken i cant measure anything, even if i push the two halves together very hard.
>>
>>921130
laser trimmed resistor. it was set during calibration, not an off-the-shelf part.

replace it with a variable resistor and twiddle until it reads more or less right.

you can always unsolder your bodge wires and send it in for real repair and calibration in the future if you decide to make it your waifu.
>>
>And since the part is broken i cant measure anything

sure you can. push the probe hard against the broken side, and you should be able to get a reading. add the readings for both pieces, and you have the value.
>>
>>921445
Yeah, a useless value, if he's lucky.
Fluke 87 schematics are not secret. It would make more sense to check them instead.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.