[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sewing sweatpants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151227_152611901.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_152611901.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Hi I have a cheap pair of sweatpants and the seam on one of the bottom legs is starting to go I want to know how I can keep the bottom leg stretched open while I do the sewing and I'd also like to review how to finish off the stitch since I'm not very good at that.
>>
Shall I wipe your ass too? God people are useless now days.
>>
>>921235
>gets mad when someone asks for direction on how to DIY
>on a DIY board
You are right, some people are useless.
>>920947
Just tie the stitch back on itself. If you fuck up, repeat until it's right.
>>
The thing with this is that I need to keep the elastic stretched to it's maximum length while I do the sewing. Sewing is already a two-handed job, so I was wondering if anyone has tried this before.

>>921306
>Just tie the stitch back on itself. If you fuck up, repeat until it's right.
That's what I've been doing when I've sewed stuff before. It sometimes comes undone, so I thought I was doing it wrong.
>>
>>921484
First off, for something short like a section of a sweatpant leg opening, you don't need your hands at all. Put it under your pressure foot, stretch it with your two hands and push on your pedal.

Alternatively, and most likely the best way, just redo it properly.

I.e. follow the instructions on how to sew in an elastic band from a youtube video or something.

undo any steps that need to be done first.

From what I remember, you'd sew most of the "tube", leaving only a little hole, then insert the elastic and finally sew the last part shut
>>
>>921537
I'm doing this by hand. I don't have a sewing machine.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.