[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I buy a big bag of used padlocks to practice picking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: locks.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
locks.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
Where can I buy a big bag of used padlocks to practice picking? Don't care about keys, just quantity, variety and low cost.
>>
Thrift stores, Craigslist, garage sales.
>>
Bike racks
>>
>>920633
Go find a nearby bridge, people love to lock bridges.
>>
>>920633
at the shops
>>
>>920633
I always "misplace" the small padlocks on porta-johns/Dixieland/outhouses/mobile crappers/whatever the fuck you call it
>>
Why are you trying to learn to pick locks and what type of locks do think you will be picking? Picking padlocks is pretty much the single most autistic thing you can do in the world of forcible entry. Shim or cut a padlock. Very few situations really call for lock picking. nine out of ten times you can pull a hinge, bow a frame, knife a latch etc and do less damage while getting in more quickly. Life doesn't have XP, and lock picking is much more relevant in vidya.

If you reeeeeeeeealy want to learn, there are better ways. Start with shit that takes a skeleton key that you can tear apart. Get old boxes and drawers. Then maybe some shitty padlock. After that keyed inserts and door locks. Again, though... why? Practice situation awareness and most people can get in most places with a few simple tools and skills. None of which is lock picking. Besides, I usually pass the speech check.
>>
File: 1451208360038.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
1451208360038.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>920771
not op, but a hobby. stop being a giant faggot. He clearly knows how to. He is just looking for locks.

Go to locksmith, ask if they have. they usually throw me some. pic related, my edc.
>>
>>920771
You're in the fucking other thread too. gtfo. Just talking shit. Its a DIY board, we do what we want. Go to /b/ or something if you want to shitpost
>>
>>920773
I'm not the one posting a new thread looking for locks as a hobby when I have a thread going already about said gay hobby. How about a line at the end of the last thread "looking for locks for above gay hobby". but no..... new thread, "have gay hobby, need locks". This is why I chose to question OP's need for these locks.

I say again OP, why the hell doth thou needth said locks, for what faggotry is afoot?
>>
ebay?

You can find almost anything on american ebay.
>>
>>920818
Found some:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-OLD-MASTER-KEY-PADLOCK-STEAMPUNK-ALTERED-ART-LARGE-9LB-ASSORTED-LOT-SET-/291201142540?hash=item43ccf0cf0c:g:jMsAAOSwQItT1DE4
>>
>>920647
>>920654
Creative ideas, but someone put and left those locks there as a matter of convenience, I don't want to steal anything.

>>920771
I'm not a criminal so this advise is worthless on top of patronizing. Why'd you even come in here? The length and tone of your two shitposts smacks of actual autism.

>>920818
>>920823
I've been looking on eBay but it seems that most lock lots are "collectors" items and are preposterously overpriced. I'll keep looking.

>>920773
I'll ask around, thanks.
>>
>>920633
Been watching Elementary much, OP? :-)
>>
>>920955
>preposterously overpriced
You do know you can offer a different price for what those cunts are trying to get you to buy right?

Give it a try--offer 10$ for those rusty junk padlocks.
>>
>>920773
Edc = edgy douche confirmation?
>>
>>920633
locksmith here, picking locks is really easy. dont bother with multiple pad locks, go get some regular cylinders to practice on. you can even get a pin set and re-pin the cylinder to anything you want.
>>
>>920633
Go to a self storage place. Ask them if you can collect any locks they cut.
>>
File: 02PARIS-facebookJumbo.jpg (165 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
02PARIS-facebookJumbo.jpg
165 KB, 1050x550
>>920633
go to france
>>
>>920633

Go to Wal Mart and get a couple of cheap ass padlocks - whatever shitty store brand (the one with the mountain on it) will be fine, or any Masterlock should prove adequate.

Masterlocks are very easy to pick, and being able to get something open will give you confidence.

If you still want to keep going after that, get a training cylinder where you can re-pin it easily. Buy once and you can do anything from 1 to 6 pins, toss in various security pins when that gets too easy, so on and so forth.
>>
>>921196
holy SHIT that is some LOAD of LOCKS!!!

whats the scrap metal value of that?
>>
>>921249
They had so many locks on some of those bridges that they were removing the locks because they were afraid the weight was going to cause the bridges to fail.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.