[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/. I'm doing a capstone project next year for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1444730770113.jpg (671 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1444730770113.jpg
671 KB, 2560x1440
Hi /diy/. I'm doing a capstone project next year for my last year of mechanical engineering, and I'm having trouble thinking of what to do, so I was wondering if creative minds such as yourselves could throw some ideas out there.

Here's what I know: mechatronics (microcontrollers and whatnot), cars (very well), machining, PID control, and other basic engineering stuff.

Like really I'd like to make something with a humanitarian purpose or could be turned into a business idea, but if you had an idea like that then you'd be doing it yourself haha.
>>
remote control vibrating dragon dildos for quadriplegics,
>>
How to read Ms Universe cards for dummies.

Or

An idea generator
>>
An actually affordable assistive exoskeleton using 3d printed parts for people who have limited mobility? (Possibly feeding from a wall plug so they can at least walk around their home, unless battery issue can be solved)

A better voice modulator for throat cancer patients that doesn't make them sound like a dalek? (Not sure if that would fall under your area of expertise)

A portable, but still effective jaws of life system (think small enough it could be tossed into a glovebox or doorwell of every car) to avoid waiting for emergency services in a critical situation (potentially dangerous for untrained, possibly include warnings on casing)

Possibly some form of hydraulic "talon" to be mounted underneath a vehicle in case of brake failure in cold and icy weather? Something that senses when the car is still sliding and goes "fuck, time for plan c"?

Let me know if I'm remotely close to the mark or way off, I'll think of more. Have not done anything with mechatronics and am certainly not by any means an expert.
>>
>>920204
The exo-skeleton and portable jaws of life are cool ideas and probably within my skill level. The programming for the exo would be challenging but I think i could pull it off.

I also had ideas for like a shelter-in-a-box that people could use after natural disasters to provide basic shelter and electricity.

Or a lifeguard drone that could seek out and rescue people drowning

Thanks for the ideas man
>>
>>920143
>getting to pick your own capstone
You lucky bastard.
>>
>>921224
I thought this was normal. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>921611
Because profs mentor your projects and they want to see stuff that they are interested in so they propose the projects and you submit bids on them. Normally.
>>
>>921621
>>921611
I just got a choice between 4-6 projects, all of which were pretty crap. And I didn't get my first 3 choices, either.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.