[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arduino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: circuit.png (127 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
circuit.png
127 KB, 1360x768
Hey /b/, anyone there who knows about arduino? I am getting started (I dont know shit) and i cant get an LCD to work.
Pic related, its the circuit.
>>
File: code.png (61 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
code.png
61 KB, 1360x768
>>919997
and this is the code
>>
Start with something easier.
>>
>>919999
Can you describe the problem any better? Does it do absolutely nothing, or just not what you want?

Your code doesn't look right. The LCD only has 16 characters per line but your text strings are 26 chars long with more than half of them as just as white space. The text is only going to be visible during the first half of the printing loop, and this goes by really fast. (250 microseconds per character)
>>
>>919997
There's tons of code and example projects for Arduino for driving that display type, why not start there?
>>
>>920038
it lights up but doesnt show the text
>>
>>920037
already done leds, rgb leds, pot regulatio, stepbystep motor and motor. wanted to do this
>>
>>920043
Change the for Loops to PositionCounter < 16
>>
>>920047
if this thread goes 404 i will repost it
now i have to mount it all again because i was triying other things
thanks, i will try
>>
>>920047
nothing changes
>>
>>919999
change b0 pin to something else
>>
>>920052
i dont know what you mean
connect db0 to the arduino?
>>
>>920050
Try making the code simpler. Something like:

void setup(){
lcd.begin(16,2);
lcd.print("dickbut");
}

void loop(){
}
You don't know if it's a code or electronics problem at this point, so make the code so simple it's got to work. It also wouldn't hurt to put an LED on one of the unused IO pins and have your code blink it so you're sure the arduino is actually running.
>>
>>920055
and i guess before that i need to carge the LCD lybraries, right?
>>
>>919999
in the arduino [Scroll] example, they print something to the display first before calling scrolldisplayleft() or scrolldisplayright()

first off, use the actual Scroll example to see if that works (Examples / Liquid Crystal / Scroll)
>>
>>920059
dont know what should happen, but whatever it is it doesnt seem to cause anychange
maybe i have some pins wrong but i changed what i saw
>>
>>920055
i cant get my dickbutt
>>
Can you see the pixels of the display? Might be your contrast is not set correctly. Rotate the potentiometer all the way to the left and to the right. Make sure you get your 0V and 5V at V0 pin. At max contrast, the pixels should become visible - independent of text being sent to the display.
>>
>>920067
yeah, that happens
>>
Is the display initialised properly? It could be on display shift mode.
>>
>>920081
wut
>>
>>920082
Probably doesn't apply if you're using the official Arduino class. I've been getting to grips with these lately, too.
>>
>>920094
i am not, im using sunfounder
>>
>>920095
You're using the class supplied in <liquidCrystal.h> right?
>>
>>920097
yeah
>>
>>920099
Same thing then. Because I wanted to control the data pins with a shift register, I wrote my own class from figuring bit out as I went along. I discovered display shift mode, which causes the text to start printing off screen, then scroll in.

I'm playing around with creating custom characters now.
>>
>>920100
I just downloaded and installed this Fritzing. Looks pretty ace actually. I'd heard of it (credited on the schematics on the Arduino site) before though.

Does it simulate the whole thing if you write code?
>>
>>919997
>>919999
bridge v0 to ground and reroute and declare r/w to a data pin:
LiquidCrystal lcd(RS, RW, E, DB4, DB5, DB6, DB7);
>>
>>920103
Please don't use Fritzing. Do yourself a favor and learn Eagle from Cadsoft. Fritzing is limited and if you ever want to show off your work, real EE's will not respect anything from Fritzing.
>>
>>920829
But what is it actually for? Is it just a schematic maker? If so, why the code window?

Does it do any simulation?
>>
>>920873
Did you try R'ing TFM?
>>
>>920953
I'm going to assume that means requesting... something.
>>
>>920996
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtfm
>>
>>920953
Ah, RTFM of course. You confused me with the 'ing, like it was /r/ing and it just didn't click.

Well I could, but I'd have thought this thread would have been the place to get a quick, simple response to a simple question like that.

>Boolean doesItSimulate (Fritzing);

Returns what?
>>
>>921034
not op: you're a dick. Not everyone picks up on acronyms as quick as everyone else, so maybe we have no idea you're abbreviating something. Why does being a faggot get your dick so hard? Is it all of the soft supple boy hole that you just can't resist
>>
>>921042
This is not your hugbox.
>>
>>921042
I'm familiar with the acronym but I was just a bit thrown off by the "ing".
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.