[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given that sleep masks aren't really an option, I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 30426888.jpg (79 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
30426888.jpg
79 KB, 400x400
Given that sleep masks aren't really an option, I want to cover my windows at night to make my room darker. "Blackout curtains" are expensive, what is the cheapest, simplest DIY option? I don't care about aesthetics, I am looking 100% at functionality.
>>
>>919957
get the fuck out of here with that stupid fucking meme
>>
>>919957
Put plywood over the window, and stick rags between the plywood and window frame so no light leaks through. Paint it black if you care a little bit.
>>
Jesus H. Christ can you even dress your self? Hang a heavy blanket, or maybe cardboard, over the window. Fucks sake you are blessed with the most sophisticated brain of any known species, use it. Fuck.
>>
Cheap blackout curtains are like $10
>>
>>919969

Have you ever tried to hang a heavy blanket or cardboard, you cocksucker? You will promptly realize that both don't block light nearly enough.

But of course, you are sooooo smart that you feel entitled to just talk out of your ass.
>>
>>919970

Where?
Also, Canadafag here.
>>
Aluminium foil + tape
>>
Does it have to be a temporary solution? You could just use a few layers of spray on bed liner to get the effect you're looking for. Plus the added bonus of not scratching your paint/windows when your garbage piles up too high.
>>
>>919971
I actually have, fuckface, you must just be inept or something, can't figure out how to do it properly. Sorry about your life.
>>
>>919987

>Backpedaling this hard

We both know you haven't tried it because if you did, you would see that it doesn't work well.

Just stop talking out of your ass mr. 20 years old.
>>
>>919978
this

simplest and cheapest solution

i am suprised it wasnt the first reply given how its widely used by people here. lol.
>>
>>919989
It's called a blackout curtain. It's a special liner or filler you put in curtains. It mkes shit totally dark
>>
>>919989
You are a funny guy. Cardboard is quite opaque you know, that you can't prevent light from leaking past the edges is your own problem. As for the blanket, sorry you have such shitty thin blankets. You need your hand held for the most basic of task, I am hardly concerned with what you think of me. I just hope you don't manage to cock it up and injure yourself somehow.
>>
No, OP, sleeping masks _are_ an option. Just fucking roll a couple of layers of duct tape over your eyes and stop being such a fucking retard.
>>
ok, its easy layers man
layers

when i switched to night shifts its just literally 2 layers of fabric.

if 2 layers arent enough, then add cardboard in middle

if thats not enough, add more...layers

if that isnt enough, you need to change the direction in which you sleep, like not facing the sun

what i also do is wrap a towel around my head to cover my eyes (after a shower)

before that i tapped a bristol board over my window and that worked fine too

itt white people sleeping problems
git tired
>>
Do you need to open it during the day?

If no, can of black spray paint. Tape off frame. Give it 2-3 layers. $5.

Want it removable occasionally? Tape foil or thick mylar blanket over window.

Want it to not look ghetto as fuck?

Buy a cheap blackout curtain or a blackout curtain liner.

Alternatively, buy a double curtain rod and the two thickest curtains you can find at a thrift store.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1042x1042) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1042x1042
Literally cardboard. Did this at an old apartment, got the bedroom blackout dark.
>>
cant get why dont you have a fucking blind, i belive it is called, anyway, persiana in spanish. It requires installation thought, but here are installated with the construction of the house
>>
>>920213
as correct as you are, it still doesnt help op get his room darker at night.
>>
Black paint and a sheet or so if you truly only care about functionality.
>>
You could just, you know, close your eyes and deal with it. Or you could go for cheap blackout curtains, make them wider than the window. all hardware stores have them. Or shutters could work to
>>
Use a few sheets of tin foil, just the regular baking shit, and duct tape them to the window. Worked for me when I was on night shift. My room was pitch black in the middle of the day.
>>
>>920258
If you want to go a bit more permanant, black window film.

Apply silver to the outside if it gets too hot.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.