[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like to put pins on my leather biker jacket but the pins often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: TK-2014-10-16-010-003-Harajuku.jpg (392 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
TK-2014-10-16-010-003-Harajuku.jpg
392 KB, 1000x1500
I like to put pins on my leather biker jacket but the pins often seem to come unhinged and fall off. I want to make sure they stay on so I don't lost anymore. Do you guys have solutions?
>>
>>919947
Did you even fucking TRY to think of a solution to this problem yourself?
>>
>>919964
I have been for awhile, I'm not so smart. So far ive broken like two pins
>>
>>919964

if you dont have anything useful to help OP then why dont you just shut your fucking face and go back to /b/ and continue to be a useless shitbag...
>>
>>920004
why don't /you/ fuck off with your entitlement to being helpful?

crying for help has no discussion value. the poster openly admits that he has little to nothing to show or give to the board, only a need to get his answer
>>
>>919947
As long as you aren't putting those faggot Chinese cartoon pins on you. Are you willing to mutilate your pins?
>>
>>920044
depends
>>
>>919947
I would rivet each one on if you really don't want to lose them
>>
>>919947
GLUE
CA GLUE THEM SHUT

just use a little CA to glue the end of the pin to the metal clip holding it back.
You can even use a soldering iron to heat to glue to remove them if you want to.
>>
>>920004
>LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Clearly your comment was so helpful to the OP.
>>
I found good success just sowing in a little strip of torn up pleather from a value village. Basically use thick thread and only sow two ends. Had great success covering my shoulders
>>
solder em shut
>>
File: idae.png (17 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
idae.png
17 KB, 1152x720
Soldering them shut or a glob of hot glue or sewing them is probably the best way to make sure they stay on.

If youre not down for that get some small needle nose pliers and do pic related.
>>
If you don't mind decent sized holes in your jacket, you could get rid of the pins altogether and glu some dear little bolts head first onto the back of the badges. Then pierce your jacket and thread the bolts through and tighten the nut from the inside to make sure it doesn't come off (if the nut isn't V wide use a washer as well).
>>
File: Do it.png (191 KB, 543x356) Image search: [Google]
Do it.png
191 KB, 543x356
>>920062
Yeah, best way would be to remove the shitty clasp on the back (which would sort of mutilate it) and replace it with something better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.