[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A stupid project I want to do is make a kart/mini cycle car with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: $_3.jpg (54 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
54 KB, 800x569
A stupid project I want to do is make a kart/mini cycle car with a bike engine, cuz revving to 15k going 60+ on a kart sounds like a blast. But I want to mount the drive package to the front but still have it rwd because 1) mounting it to the back is too easy so that's no fun and 2) weight up front means less wheelie.
I could run a long ass chain through a conduit but that would be an absolute pain. I toyed with how to adapt the chain drive to a driveshaft system with bevel gears as a ring and pinion but it would also probably be a pain to get it right and reliable. Then I saw these things, and I thought they would be awesome. However, they're generally rated for less than 2hp and 2k rpm, which is not going to work at all. Does anyone make something like this or better that can handle the power and speed? Remember it's going to be a janky little kart so a big car diff would be way too much.
>>
If you have a motorcycle junkyard around you could possibly modify the ass end of a shaft drivin wheel assembly to hold a shaft
Or another option would be an old golf kart axle
>>
They make shaft drive bikes?
>>
>>919750
BMWs are all shaft drives
>>
>>919791
Didn't know that. I'll have to see if they have any and if I can do anything with it.
>>
>>919716
This is relevant to my interests. Can you specify from where you can find a small differential like that?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.