[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So for Christmas I'm making my friend a Berserk themed package
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 900x675
So for Christmas I'm making my friend a Berserk themed package thing and I need to make realistic blood splatter. My local Asian market sells pig blood but I'm worried about it leaving a bad smell or something. Any suggestions on how to make legitimate blood or would real blood be fine without any unpleasantness?
>>
>>918823
i have no idea about pig blood but i think the reason you can eat beef raw is because there is no blood. if it gets blood on it you have to cook it.

i don't know if that is true or if it applies to pigs
but i wouldn't like to put real blood anywhere.

smear it with your own blood so you don't catch anything then clearcoat it
>>
>>918826
I'd prefer not to use my own blood. I don't suppose red food coloring would work?
>>
Pig blood is pretty rife with parasites. You could use chicken blood. It's relatively safe in comparison. You can make passable fake blood with a corn starch recipe. I work in a haunted house and it's what we use for large-scale blood scenes. You'd have to google the recipe though.
>>
File: 14231987521.jpg (47 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
14231987521.jpg
47 KB, 468x468
>>918823
>Berserk themed package thing
Get wrapping paper covered in boats and dragon quest/idolm@ster stickers instead.
>>
>>918823
Real blood will coagulate and decompose, if it hasn't by the time you use it. It will smell horrendous in little time and leave stains. Just use thick fake blood.
>>
>>918823
Your lucky day OP
Bloodstain pattern expert.
I assume you are wanting to stain some wrapping paper?
One you apply the blood, let it dry.
Then spray with lacquer. You can buy a spray can of satin lacquer at the hardware store for $5 us.
What type of pattern do you want to make?
Medium velocity impact spatter is staining that is consist and with a beating and is easy to male.
High velocity spatter is the mist you see with a shooting.
All check back in abou 20 minutes.
>>
File: HNI_0016_original.jpg (13 KB, 462x338) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0016_original.jpg
13 KB, 462x338
>>918882
I actually am going to stain a banner made of polyester. Idk if the material matters or not
>>
>>918882
As for the pattern, I just want it to have random splatter. The idea is to make it look like multiple people died next to it while it was dropped on the ground
>>
>>918882
Also staining paper that I plan on antiquing with coffee grinds. I'd like to somehow make the blood look aged and browned, but not sure how to do that if I make fake blood
>>
>>918823
get a cup of water and red and black india ink with a brush. get 2 small containers for smaller portions of red and black ink and make the brush very wet with a quick dip in each color. flick the brush very hard and it will make realistic splatters. only use ink because paint will clump and distort the effect
>>
>>918908
replace the small dishes of ink when they become too blended
>>
>>918908
that should come out just like your pic. if you want a section 'immersed' in blood make a small trough and fill with a bit of water then alternate drops of ink until very dark then dip very quickly and lay the product on its side so it pools
>>
>>918908
experiment in small quantities with similar material to your desired product until you learn the correct ratios of ink and water and learn about the drying process
>>
>>918823
>>918823
Real blood would be horrific and a shit pile of pathogens. Don't do it.

The book "Bloodstain Pattern Analysis with an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction" is great if you want some realism.
>>
>>918882
>bloodstain pattern expert
stopped reading
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.