[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android rooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
What androids are the cheapest and best for rooting and use of hacking?
>>
Phone model doesn't matter unless you need specific chipsets or have a minimum processor speed.
Otherwise, you're just looking at which version of Android it has.
>>
>>918619
Get a load of Aiden Pearce over here.
Seriously though what kind of hacking can you do with an android? I'm actually a bit interested
>>
Maybe computer cluster?
>>
File: iVHfwLc.gif (4 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
iVHfwLc.gif
4 MB, 356x200
>>918619
>has to ask how to root a phone on a forum
>hacking with a mobile phone
>>>/g/
>ask there they'll set you straight
>>
>>918619
one with an unlocked/unlockable bootloader. thats all that matters.
>>
>>918619
Here is the answer you want:

1. determine your budget

2. find candidate devices, but do not buy. if it's for learning, seriously consider an older, device from eBay.

3. search the web to see if your candidate device has a proven root method.

3.5 visit xda-developers forums and see if the device(s) of interest have a support board

4. make sure that all the tools are still available for download, and save them along with a how-tos. Archive all.

5. acquire device.

5.5 ???????

6. profit

some devices are easier than others. for example, Samsung devices are straightforward, while mtk-based devices like my Asus Memopad7HD, and TegraNote7 was a real bitch, but doable. Popular devices are almost guaranteed to have an active community, and that it the key.

be prepared to do a lot of reading
be prepared to pull your hair out. be prepared to be frustrated, and have things go wrong. this is part of the process, and you must learn to work slowly and methodically. follow all directions carefully.

if you are persistent, it will pay off. I promise you it will be worth the effort.
there are tons of resources online and YouTube is also a great place to look for information.

Qa'pla
>>
File: 1312481688702.jpg (31 KB, 651x661) Image search: [Google]
1312481688702.jpg
31 KB, 651x661
>>918619
>What androids are the cheapest and best for rooting and use of hacking?
what specifically do you want to do with them?

you can buy unlocked GSM phones from China-land for $30, maybe not US radios but anyway.
and there's cheapo "unlocked" android 7" tablets for $40.... not great durability but anyway
you can put any app on them you want, no rooting needed
>>
fuck off back to /g/ with this shit
>>
>>918619
This isn't Watchdogs, son.
>>
>>918743
Thank you!
Yeah i actually read some stuff on the surface web and deep web.
Dont want to hack for profit, but want to try on monitoring for fun
>>
>>918909
A good and easy phone to use is an Atrix 4g from motorola.

You can get one for like $130 new unlocked version from Amazon.

I rooted it so I could steal WiFi when I was in Mexico.
>>
>>918933
>steal WiFi
Explain
>>
>>918935
He used it to break the chain securing the WiFi, then stuffed the WiFi in a bag and ran off with it.
>>
there are android phones being sold at $10 in the US...
as people said, depends on what you need.
some chinese tablets come rooted OOB, not sure about chinese phones, but I suppose it's the same.
>>
Alcatel tpop 4010 the best!
>>
how about installing bluestacks on your pc
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.