[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of making YouTube videos, /diy/. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: youtube_reel_pixabay[1].jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
youtube_reel_pixabay[1].jpg
47 KB, 800x600
I'm thinking of making YouTube videos, /diy/. What's a good place to get started? What's the best software to use?
>>
Windows movie maker
>>
Well, I am currently helping my partner make video for YT. I am doing much of the actual physical work. So I am currently learning about 5 point lighting, making a decent white screen/green screen, diy-ing some softboxes (for diffuse lighting),

We use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing and because we don't have good cameras we use our phones. One phone is the steady shot and the second is for close ups etcs.

Audacity for voice over work is good.

Always plan out your scene before hand.

Just look into good filmmaking practices. People expect quality from youtube nowadays.

Good luck.
>>
>>917751
ffmpeg
>>
>>917751
FRAPS
Ant.com Video Downloader

Then you can steal other people's vids and upload them as a news sharing blog to gain views and advertisement revenue.
>>
go to the pirate bay and look for a video editing software, recommend sony vegas. boom upload ur vids to utube
>>
>>917752
This shit pisses me off. imported video clips randomly freeze at certain points and you have to pinpoint that spot and cut out that second of video, which makes the finished video all jumpy and shit. I don't know if this is a normal thing for video editing software, but you can't import .mp4 files and have to convert them into something else in order to use it.
>>
>>917893
Use something like ffmpeg or mencoder to convert them into HuffYUV.

It's lossless (so no additional conversion quality loss) and it doesn't use prediction (so every frame is a keyframe).

"So why don't we use that instead of mp4?" you might ask. The answer is that lossy compression and inter-frame prediction are what lets mp4 not take up gigabytes per minute of footage.
>>
>>917779
Isn't that superseded by avconv now.
>>
>>917893
I always thought WMM was shitty on purpose, because Micro$oft wants you to shell out huge sums for more expensive software.
>>
>>917751
sony EVERYTHING
>>
pirate bay and sony vegas, easiest "professional" program that exists. final cut pro and adobe premiere are better but they are way more complicated
>>
>>917956
Why would they?

They don't make a video editor.
>>
I use OBS and windows movie maker. Resolution is sorta fuzzy and pisses me off (bcuz of OBS)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.