[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to rig up a little light that will power on when the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 61xLm+16qAL._SY355_.jpg (14 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
61xLm+16qAL._SY355_.jpg
14 KB, 355x355
I want to rig up a little light that will power on when the water level gets low in a tank.

I want it to run from a battery and to light a small led or something.

If I used this sensor from amazon what else would I need to make it work ?

http://www.amazon.com/Tanks-Horizontal-Liquid-Switch-Sensor/dp/B00AKW29U2/ref=pd_sim_60_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41YZJuidvJL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1MXMHPEAFZKWFY4JQWQK
>>
If its possible I would like to use cr123 batteries to power a small led because I have so many extra of those.

I was looking for some kind of small light I could connect it to that would flash or not use much power.

Something like this fake car alarm

http://www.amazon.com/RED-Flashing-Auto-Theft-Deterrent/dp/B00LCBIJYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450583833&sr=8-1&keywords=led+flashing+alarm

And then wire it in like shown in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK_z_e6PU70

I cant tell if the LED in that device flashes on it own or if it has some board inside i cant see.

What kind of led light would you guys use instead of the buzzer shown in the vid.
>>
File: 4-th grade circuits.gif (30 KB, 310x396) Image search: [Google]
4-th grade circuits.gif
30 KB, 310x396
they teach this stuff int the 4-th grade, dude. are you an 8-yo dropout?
>>
Ya I understand the circuit.

I think I am going to get some of these LED's, the listing says they flash and blink and they need 12 volt dc

http://www.amazon.com/20pcs-Blue-Flashing-Light-Wired/dp/B00EE43ASW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_121_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51et9oPSo9L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0KP0F3WHKKVAABY9HV80

I will wire up a bunch of my cr123's till I get 12 volts and make the circuit.

I am guessing it will not really need all 12 volts to make them blink. Maybe 9 will do.

The fake car alarm one I showed only has two AA batteries and they are only 1.5 volts each.
>>
those batteries are expensive. you're better off using some AAA alkalines. i've seen flashing LEDs that are 5V, and will work with 3x 1.5V cells. in fact, you can sometimes see them in stores to advertise some product. you can get a ready made gadget like the pic from Radio Shack, which includes everything you need. just solder your float switch in parallel with the on/off button.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.