[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hammock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: byer-hammock.jpg (77 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
byer-hammock.jpg
77 KB, 900x900
Any experience diying hammocks? It seems like gathered-end hammocks are the simplest to create. What kind of material would you recommend that is easily accessible? Tarp?

How about suspension? Could I get away with using cam locks?
>>
>>917369
i got a hammock from my sister
our uncle built us swings out of scaffolding poles
the top bar had bolts so i decided the bolts would be perfect to hang the hammock from
because of the legs i had to have one swing at 90 degrees to the other.
as soon as i sat in it the swing toppled over and nearly crushed me to death
the swing was heavy, took 3 people to lift it
landed on a lawnmower and fucking annihilated it
so just be careful i guess is the message.
>>
>>917377
LOL. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>917369
For all the best info go over to hammock forums. TONS of diy shit there. The guys there really know their stuff and have come up with some brilliant solutions . The only metal on my suspension are some aluminium clips they call "dutch clips" for the straps that go around the tree. Everything else is static knots that never get undone, or various splices.

Dyneema rope is your friend. Unless you're a featherwight I strongly suggest using the 1/8"rope over the 7/64. It just feels sturdier to lie in and doesn't have a bouncy feel.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.