[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new to soldering. I think I fucked up these joints,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Cleaned-board.jpg (276 KB, 1185x841) Image search: [Google]
Cleaned-board.jpg
276 KB, 1185x841
I'm new to soldering.
I think I fucked up these joints, is there any way to fix them?
>>
>>916936
You need a solder sucker yo, probably fucked the circuit tho by the looks of that shit.
>>
That's not to bad. Just stuff aluminum foil into the damaged holes and microwave it for about 2 minutes or until the foil melts into the groves. It may take a couple tries.
>>
>>916936
it looks like shit
>>
>>916941
You're an evil bastard, you know that? I dig it.
>>
>>916944

I'm well aware, I just need to know if the circuit can be at all repaired
>>
Possibly, I would cut a small piece of stranded wire, remove the insulation and un twist the copper threads. Then use the little threads as jumpers, twist 2 or 3 together for the larger pads. When done cover them with fingernail polish, be careful not to cross these connections. Also, looks like your iron was to hot or you stayed on it to long, may want to view some soldering vids.
>>
>>916936
Where did C369,370, and 328 go? Or were they originally never there?

It should be fixable, but not until you brush up on your soldering skills.
>>
>>916936
Time for jumper wires!

Also, fuck smd shit for being terrible for regular DIY. It seems like more and more my soldering iron is being regulated to the job of wood burning tool instead of electronics.
>>
>>916936
It´s easily repairable, although if you messed up that bad I´m sure it won´t be repairable by you.
No offense.
>>
>>916936
It looks bad but it happens only one way to get good.

>>916938
What this anon said.
>>
>>916936
this is not really salvagable, even for an expert.
You would have to solder the part back on at another location.
>>
>>917136
>Also, fuck smd shit for being terrible for regular DIY.
SMD is awesome for DIY so long as you're not using a soldering iron from the 1950s. Or from Radio Shack.
>>
Yeah looks toast anon, I don't think theres hope for it.
>>
>>916936

Either git gud or stop using a shit-tier iron m8.

I'm betting you have a shit-tier iron. Am I right?
>>
>>916941
>>916946
That's really evil.
Aluminium will be nearly impossible to solder to and cleaning it off afterwards will be a massive pain in the ass.
You need to do it with copper. Copper foil works best, but some scrap bits of copper wire usually work just fine.
>>
>>917136
SMD is great for hobby stuff, as long as it's not large BGAs. Don't blame the components for your incompetence.
>>
>>917464
don't be so fucking retarded

>>916936
I don't help shoot first, ask questions later types.
>>
Looks to me you didn't keep the iron clean.
It should be shiny with a fresh coat of solder on it at all times. Oxidation really screws up soldering.
Always put fresh solder on the iron and flick it or wipe off the excess with a paper towel or something.

If you can get that board clean with some emery cloth you might be able to salvage it with some short pieces of wire. Stop and let things cool if you run into problems. "Tin" both parts separately before joining.

Practice on a junk circuit board first.
>>
>>916936
Jesus Fucking Christ, you just melt the solder, not set the board on fire.
>>
File: cnd_004_wmk.jpg (22 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
cnd_004_wmk.jpg
22 KB, 448x336
>>917718
bullshit
>>
File: 1444612766066.jpg (58 KB, 429x778) Image search: [Google]
1444612766066.jpg
58 KB, 429x778
>>917577

Don't be such a nigger
>>
>>917863
This one trick xbox 360 repair shops don't want you to know!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.