[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there, I am looking for advice on replicating these headphones,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Headphones 001.jpg (157 KB, 1382x1419) Image search: [Google]
Headphones 001.jpg
157 KB, 1382x1419
Hey there, I am looking for advice on replicating these headphones, they arent much pics I could use for reference, the little parts that hold it together wont be a problem I think, finding something to do the "earbuds" is. I am thinking about looking for some cheap headphones with similar shape and size, what should I do, /diy/? This is my first time posting, so please be kind.
>>
File: Headphones 004.jpg (198 KB, 1365x1439) Image search: [Google]
Headphones 004.jpg
198 KB, 1365x1439
>>916883
>>
File: Panzer headset markings..jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Panzer headset markings..jpg
131 KB, 640x480
>>916883
>>916885
>>
Googleing it litteraly gave me enough picks to plaster my house in reference pics.
So what do you mean replicating?
Do you need them to actually work? An actual part for part replica?
Or do you want to look like a Nazi tank commander for your video game boner
stroking?
>>
>>917128
As far as for the look you can get some tin snips and a sheet of aluminium. cut the shape out and round it out on some ball or something to get the curve. than plaster it in leather(or pleather if you prefer dick)
get some brass screws for the joints per taste.
rivets for the pivot pints.
get a wood plank and shape it in to the shape of the casing of the headphone.
Hold on to that leather you have left over leather you are now gonna have to make the cushions with a bit of foam as well.
This may take a few tries...

Now the guts that make it work are weird and rare. And unless you plan to sue them with a ww2 military radio headset you may want to settle for some sort of replacement.
maybe a 8 ohm speaker that can fit in your casing.
If you can get your hand on really old telephone wire you could use that for the cable it used to be wrapped in cloth. if you cant well just make a sleeve from some linen and slide wires through it.
the connector looks like a old European groundless AC jack. you can probably order that online.
>>
>>917132
Hammer said aluminium sheet in to the shape of the wood blank. Use a light deadshot hammer and a pier of cloth or wool over it to avid getting dents in it.
do this twice/
Drill holes assemble.
Jack off to world of tanks for the rest of your afternoon.
>>
>>917135
For the speakers you are gonna want to b̶u̶y̶ s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶ build a watch-case receiver for eatch headphone.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.