[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just bought this thing at a garage sale but it needs a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pp.jpg (98 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
98 KB, 960x720
i just bought this thing at a garage sale but it needs a new power cable

does anyone know where it goes?
>>
Into the black block behind the trigger. Without more/better pictures I couldn't say for more certain. It will require Live, Neutral and Earth, with a properly fused plug. Metal bodied drills can be lethal if they have a short and dump through the casing.
>>
File: pp2.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
pp2.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
>>916824
im having trouble finding out where exactly
>>
>>916829
Wires are missing that black box the trigger is connected to would normally have three wires coming out for the power cable. This is a hard fix than just putting in a new power cable. For reference google the manufacturers spare parts list in relation to that model of drill. Hope you didn't pay more than 5 bucks for it cause power drills are cheap these days. Live and learn
>>
>>916829
looks like you were opening the switch
Id say you will need to do that to get at the screws to attach your cable
>>
>>916823
Wow holy shit; I knew mastercraft tools were shit, but I never expected something that bad.

I have the same drill, the hammer selector doesn't stay in place anymore and it always goes into hammer mode.
>>
>>916823
You could try a three wire cable, screw/attach the ground to anywhere on the frame, the hot into the empty hole on the switch, and neutral to the loose blue wire.

Not sure, but with the frame grounded, the worst thing that should happen is you pop a circuit breaker if wrong.
>>
>>917372
Surely the worst that can happen is you develop 110*<breaker-rating> watts worth of heat somewhere inside the drill, and the breaker doesn't trip?

Why not use a multimeter rather than risk turning your drill into an igniter?
>>
>>917372
If that is a double insulated tool (which it most likely is) adding an earthing point would be illegal in some countries depending on their local law. Also adding an earthing point makes the tool not double insulated any more and would be unsafe.
If that tool is a double insulated tool it only requires a 2 core cable no more no less.

Looking at the first picture, i cant exactly tell but that black box swinging in the wind is a brush holder and i cant see any brushes, if thats the state you have got it in that tool will never work unless you have a brush.
>>
>>917456
I think the brush is the little black square under the blue wire.

But fuck that drill is shit, the brushes aren't even accessible so that you can replace them from the outside.
>>
>>916823
If you don't know what you're doing then don't fuck with mains electricity.
>>
>>917372
How in the name of fuck do you expect OP to ground a plastic shell?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.