[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carpentry Footage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 520820-1065-25.jpg (59 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
520820-1065-25.jpg
59 KB, 260x260
This is an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone knows of or has footage of someone crafting, shaping, carving, sanding, etc. wood that doesn't speak. To be more specific, I'm looking for footage where someone is doing something involving carpentry and not talking as if it's some tutorial.

I find it incredibly relaxing to listen to it or watch it. Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxUzmZpCn4 (2:39 - 2:47 is the best part)

No idea why it soothes me, I guess I'm just weird.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAze4TkkKYIYf0bq21erfuKR9nYDaHwjf
I found this playlist.

You might find more here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/asmr/search?q=wood+carving&restrict_sr=on

>No idea why it soothes me, I guess I'm just weird.
You're not weird anon :) Look up asmr to find more soothing videos.
>>
It's not weird, I love watching people work that are really good at what they do. Especially carpenters. Unless they're doing something crazy like cross cutting a long plank on the table saw with their hands or leaning into a band saw too far with their fingers in line with the blade. I love working with wood for the same reason, once you figure out that math and do the setups it's smooth sailing, as long as you did the first parts right.

Try looking up build videos instead of how to build videos. Even some of the guys on YouTube who are self made instructors have videos where they just build stuff.
>>
Some channels are entirely built upon silent videos.

First one that comes to mind is DiResta, aka Hideo "a Kojima Production" Kojima of DIY
>>
>>916709
>>916709
Yay. Diresta is good. And he has an excellent podcast if you like that kind of stuff. I do when I drive. Driving is wasted time and it fills the void in my soul.
>>
The documentary "Alone in the Wilderness" has some of this. A guy trekked out into Alaska, built a log cabin by hand, and generally chilled out.

He was the only one out there, so he set up a tripod mounted camera and films himself doing various carpentry tasks. He still narrates, but there's not a ton of speech- and if you mute it, it's just a guy out there by himself building a cabin and filming the wildlife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
>>
>>916679
Jimmy Diresta's stuff is 99% done in silence.
Just the sound of the tools and machines either speed up or slowed down. I never got it myself but I remember thinking his stuff would be great for people who like that ASMR thing.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.