[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i want to build a hoop that small pellets can fly through.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 324235235.png (4 KB, 459x288) Image search: [Google]
324235235.png
4 KB, 459x288
so i want to build a hoop that small pellets can fly through.

if a pellet does go through the hoop a light / buzzer goes off as well as maybe some other processing.

what does /diy/ recommended? I know im going to need some kind of motion sensor but i had a look online and dont really know much about the subject
>>
>>916674
lasers and laser detectors around the ring
>>
make the loop a coil (lots of windings) and connect it to a lc oscillator. then connect that to a freq detector that has a go-high-when-detects-freq output. then drive a counter, buzzer, bell, etc.
the lc osc acts like a tuned osc that changes freq when something enters the coil.
>>
>>916675
Sonic transducer. Or for a metal pellet, hall effect sensor
>>
>>916675
at the minute the budget is pretty low and there will be multiple of these set ups being developed so i think lasers might be out of the picture. unless you know of any cheap, lightweight lasers on the marketplace?
>>
>>916677
someone recommend something like this but would it be completely accurate? if a pellet flew by the outside of the coil, would it not still set it off?
>>
File: 1450405641139.jpg (19 KB, 800x104) Image search: [Google]
1450405641139.jpg
19 KB, 800x104
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.