[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Naturalist living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: proenneke-cabin-museum.jpg (119 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
proenneke-cabin-museum.jpg
119 KB, 500x375
How do I get into living off the land and surviving, like Richard Proenneke? Do I need to buy land, or do I just squat somewhere?
>>
>>916531
Yes.
>>
>>916538
Anon, I'm really interested in being self-sufficient innawoods.
>>
>>916540
That's nice.
>>
>>916540
So go fucking learn the basics you dense cunt. If you're asking shit like " do I just squat somewhere" you're approaching this like a kid, if indeed you are an adult you are too stupid to be self sufficient, and I recommend you stop before someone finds you frozen to death in a collapsed shipping container. Buy the guys book and read it. You literally want to be like Richard Proenneke, but instead of reading and learning from a guy who DID it, you're asking us? What kind of fucking stupid question is "do I need to buy land".. of course you fucking do, unless you're planning on picking the lot up and moving it every 12 months which would be a totally different thread.

> - First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.

Now fuck off and come back when you can at least pretend you have done some research, and can demonstrate you're not a 15 year old trying to run away because mum grounded you again.
>>
>>916556
I was using Richard Proenneke as an example, I didn't know what to google until you had pointed out that he had written a book about it. Much appreciated.
>>
>>916556
This.
I'm just suprised this anon hasn't been berated with OMG FUCKING /BUY/ /THEMANKEEPINGMEDOWN/. Start with the most basic of shit, if you can't logic your way into searching "Do I need to own the land I'll live on?", you won't outlast your initial supplies.
>>
>>916531
There's an >>>/out/ board, OP that have these threads all the time.
>>
>>916531

move to alaska and start squatting
>>
You can squat legally on the Great Slave Lake in the Yellowknife bay. You just have to build a house that can float, plus scavenge necessary materials from somewhere...
>>
Some times if you squat on a land long enough, you can become the legal deed owner.
>>
>>916531
read Walden
>>
>>916851
Adverse possession. Requirements vary from State to State. Although it's fun to think about just getting someone else's land, the reality of it is, just buy the land.
>>
>>916531
>do I just squat somewhere?
Don't fucking do this you idiot.

If I see someone on my land and they don't have a badge they're getting shot, no questions asked.
>>
>>916531
>>>/out/

Unironically.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.