[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a 5v 600mA Tp-link power supply, I have 28. Can I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20151217_001.jpg (396 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151217_001.jpg
396 KB, 1632x916
This is a 5v 600mA Tp-link power supply, I have 28. Can I do anything useful with them?
>>
>>916431
>Can I do anything useful with them?
turn them all into usb power (usbs are 5V)
>>
Yes.

You can batch sell them and buy something that you actually need.
>>
>>916431
Not unless you replace the plug portion, the prongs are bent inward
>>
>>916457
Yurope
>>
>>916452
Already did that, I have several spare cellphone chargers now.

How safe/unsafe would it be to connect a bunch of them in series/parallel to get a higher voltage/current?
>>
>>916643
>How safe/unsafe would it be to connect a bunch of them in series/parallel to get a higher voltage/current?

done that before

mainly because of the transformers, you can hook them up in series/parallel, since it will be galvanic isolated

try hooking 2 of them in series, and check with a voltimeter, should read 10 volts

hook 28 of them and you will read 140 volts

or just get 4 diodes, connect mains to them and you will get 120 volts, nothing special whatsoever
>>
>>916621
>Yurope
- and where the fuck in 'Yurope..' is Oz/China - or am I seeing things? Aint no part of Yurope I've been in anyway.

OP did you got additional/removable socket adapters with those, like, also (real) Euro adapter? If so, post a pic with the adapter removed/rear of adapter, and, if not an adapter, ignore me entirely, ta.
>>
>>916645
Thought if you hooked them in parallel, they fought over exactly how much separation there should be between 0v and 5v, until the magic smoke fell out the lesser one?

>>916431
Power 28 raspberry pis.
Power 28 TP-Link routers.
>>
Power a lot of arduinos
>>
>>916431
make led christmas lights
>>
>mainly because of the transformers
>input 100-240v

thats not a transformer type adapter. its a switched-mode unit. tying those types together will kill all of them especially when tied in series.
>>
>>916830

These came with the 28 tp-link 8 port switches that I bought for another project, I converted them to PoE, so I don't need the power supplies.

>>916852

I'm already using a couple of PC PSUs to power my arduinos.

>>916873

I somehow forgot that christmas is just around the corner. I'll give this idea some thought.
>>
>>916431
Give them to me. I'll add them to my growing collection.
>>
>>916830
no magic smoke, no fighting
they can't sink current, merely source it, so whichever one has the highest output voltage is going to feed the rest of them
the rest are going to be fed back the signal to stop feeding the output

do not think that putting several in parallel is going to multiply the maximum available output current, though
you're better off just using them as standalone units
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.