[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
paintings on a wall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Hey, I saw this picture on 9gag some time ago and I really wanna do it on my wall, any tips? Some I can, like RHCP and too fighters and Nirvana, but the other seems kinda hard, but I don't like all those bands. I know a projector could help but I don't have one
>>
Stencils would be the way to go about this. It'd get you the crisp edges of the logos and you wouldn't have to rely on having a steady hand to paint them.

For the larger logos either use bigger stencils or several smaller stencils taped tightly together.

Spray painting it on after placing the stencils works fine.
>>
or just use the grid method.
http://www.art-is-fun.com/grid-method/
>>
My idea was to do the outlines with pencil and then if it's nice, use a permanent marker on it, but I'm not sure how it gets on the wall. BTW, I don't live in North America, So my walls aren't made of cardboard, they are bricks and the white cement stuff to paint on it, then the paint. I thought of using some adsive tape on the wall and then paint the outlines of it.
>>
>>916319
>I don't like some of those bands
Good, but change some to most. Don't put the ones you don't like.

Btw, /mu/ here
>>
>>916385
>Stencils would be the way to go about this.
there is a few programs for printing giant images tiled onto regular page sizes

"rasterbator" is the name one of them

do note: I have never used rasterbator, it's just the one I remember the name of. there's at least a couple other freeware/open-source programs that do this also
>>
>>916319
Get/borrow/hire a projector

Design your image, project it onto the wall, and paint over it.

An alignment cross at each corner and four dots of blutack will save you a world of pain later.
>>
File: 20151220_032352.jpg (232 KB, 416x1280) Image search: [Google]
20151220_032352.jpg
232 KB, 416x1280
>>916319
hey guys, I've started! Printed on 2 pages and cut out the * part and then taped on the wall, and cut the letters while marking the wall with a pencil. I'm thinking about the permanent marker painting yet, still in doubt. But I'm afraid to leave it only on pencil, kinda humid here,so it might get distorted, give me your thoughts!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.