[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, my friends and I are trying to fix this shocking game/toy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: circuit_1.jpg (4 MB, 2992x4000) Image search: [Google]
circuit_1.jpg
4 MB, 2992x4000
Hey /diy/, my friends and I are trying to fix this shocking game/toy thingy (its called Lightning Reaction Reloaded). Basically, we don't know what the fuck were doing. There's a black wire and a red wire that got disconnected and we don't know where to connect it back. Any help?
>>
File: dial_thingy.jpg (329 KB, 957x1280) Image search: [Google]
dial_thingy.jpg
329 KB, 957x1280
Heres a picture of the two wires, theyre both in the bottom right corner. Also, I do have soldering stuff but I dont really know how to use it and I feel like spraying hot glue everywhere is more fun
>>
File: circuit_2.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
circuit_2.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
Heres another pic of the circuit. The two white wires were removed also but theyre just for the speaker so we didnt bother with them.
>>
>>916165
I suspect your two wires are vcc and gnd. Finding a place to connect them should be trivial. Learn how to use your iron, its not that hard.
>>
What a fucking mess, god damn chinks.

The fact that you turn that hunk of shit on should void your home insurance.
>>
The best advice I can give you is take wire length into consideration along with the location of the wires when the unit is properly assembled. This should give you an idea where the wires were supposed to be attached. Search those areas thoroughly for any indication that a wire was once soldered there.

Also if you are insinuating you are going to hot glue the wire back in place, don't. 100% chance of that not working.
>>
>>916200
>using 100% and chance in the same sentnece
>>
>>916165
The red wire has a frayed end. You can probably fine where it was attached by frayed wires sticking out of a soldering joint. I can't see the black wire.
>>
>>916184
>>916200
Looks like the red wire can only reach gnd anyway and black wire is long enough to reach vcc. I'll try this out as soon as I can, thanks!

Also, the speaker wires are connected to where it says "sp" and "spk". Does it matter which white wire connects to either sp or spk?
>>
who owns that thing and why does it look like its been modded (speaker wires are just hot glued down). probably the red/black were hotglued too. find a place with hotglue and no wire.
>>
>>916219
Red is vcc, black is gnd..
>>
>>916162
In the lower right of the upper left quadrant there's a joint labelled GND. Near D7.
>>
>>916223
There's a couple of VCCs, which one? I've been connecting black to GND1 and red to VCC4 but it only works sometimes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.