[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /DIY/ so ive got this project and i have to explain the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: weld-large.jpg (225 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
weld-large.jpg
225 KB, 1000x750
sup /DIY/

so ive got this project and i have to explain the two welding processes (gas welding and arc welding)
im a bit stuck on what the joining techniques of each are and the operations of each

also whats do arc welding and gas welding differ when it comes to the function or would you weld the same project with either or?
>>
fuck off mate do your own homework
>>
Here's a good start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welding
>>
>>915826
This.

How hard is it to research online?
>>
>>915814
are you a nigger?
>>
>>915814
GOOGLE IT.
>>
>>915814
They are both the same in that an electric arc melts the wire/stick and (hopefully) melts most of the way through the metals to be joined.
Gas and the flux on what you are calling arc welding do the same thing, keeping oxygen away while the weld cools to avoid it burning.
Gas is more expensive, but a nicer looking weld with little or no slag to chip away. Its only disadvantage, besides price, is that flux protects more if you weld outdoors in a strong wind.
>>
>>917087
OP may be referring to oxyfuel welding there rather than gas-shielded arc welding. Of course, OP clearly knows next to nothing about welding, so it's anyone's guess at this point.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.