[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will use the money I saved to get a land and leave the "civilization",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_3823.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3823.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
I will use the money I saved to get a land and leave the "civilization", build some "organic" house and live there until I can. What should I learn? I don't want to die in the middle of nowhere, just try to rethink the way I am used to live... I cannot fight against the system, but I can make my own life.
>>
Build a strawbale house. I know in the US the is a community where you can help out for a week to learn how to build one.

I got the same idea but in Europe. Living off grid mostly.

Good luck my friend
>>
thanks dude, It sounds really interesting, I will have a look. How did you managed it there?
>>
>tfw I have epilepsy and need meds
>need insurance to get meds
>need job to get insurance
>can never live off grid

Feels bad man
>>
>>914854
>If I had been born at any other point in all of human history I would have died or been killed as an infant or child.
>Wahhh I can't live in a mud hut
>>
>>914803
I am still working on it. Havent built anything yet bit this is what i would do.

No idea what the greentext faggot is doing here
>>
File: Alone in the Wilderness.png (32 KB, 733x170) Image search: [Google]
Alone in the Wilderness.png
32 KB, 733x170
>>914793
>What should I learn? I don't want to die in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>914793
That's a nice pic.
It looks to be at some trail event but nice depth with the ever distant mountains and foggy separation.
>>
>>915225
This book should be your bible and your don't fucking do it guide. You should learn that you WILL die alone in the wilderness. It's just not feasible alone, and very rarely works in a group. It's not as easy as it sounds, if you want to go off the grid buy a cabin and live a simple life. Don't try and go all crazy hermit style. People NEED human interaction at some point it's just how we're built.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ht-wlOPa8I
>>
>>914854
Move someplace where such medicine is subsidized by state?
>>
>>914793
You are not leaving civilization, you are spreading it. Just leave that untouched piece of land alone.

I bought some land in a remote location I relly like so that no one can build anything there or log the wood and generally fuck things up. After I die I will donate it to an NGO that tries to buy up the land and just abanding it to the laws of nature. Several critically endangered species grew in nubers in the past 2 decades there and is now a national reservation.
>>
>>914914
>>If I had been born at any other point in all of human history I would have died or been killed as an infant or child.
You say that as if that is a bad thing.
>>
File: alaska-lodges-lake-lodge-full.jpg (163 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
alaska-lodges-lake-lodge-full.jpg
163 KB, 800x532
I am interested in the idea of owning a remote piece of land and building on it as well.

Does anyone here know any good books or resources focusing on the peculiarities and challenges of building your own home in a rural environment? I mean there's obvious issues such as materials transport, utilities, and other problems, but I'm sure there are many I could not be aware of.
>>
>>915554

>not seeing humans as part of nature
>>
>>915883
Stop living breeder!! Reeee
>>
>>914793
Books about gardening in whatever habitat your choosing to live in eg. Hinterlands, coastal, swamp land etc. also books on home building and survival skills. If you're planning on living in a place like Canada etc learn to hunt if that's your thing too, id also read books about the plant and animal life so you don't get raped and murdered by a bear or poisoned by berries. Could buy a goat and learn to milk it and make cheese, that is a good idea for protein, so are chickens for eggs/ their poo for garden fertilizer. There's also a company that makes DIY dwellings known as "earth ships" almost fully sustainable and renewable, all water has several filtration systems for recycled use too, and the water that can't be used is used to water plant life and edible vegetation.

http://earthship.com

Good luck and don't get killed by inbred mud people or bears.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.