[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Hy /diy/ , i need some help :
I have an MSP430 microcontroller and with a thermistor i have made a themperature sensor . The hardware part is done but now i have problem at the code part , i didn't quite get useful information on the internet and i wonder if you could redirect me on useful sites or give some tips. Thanks :)
>>
It's been a while since I've used the msp430 but I'll try to help.
Are you using that nokia 5110 display?
If so, have some info/code that might help you.

Good community site:
http://43oh.com/
>>
>>914331
Assuming you will be controlling some HVAC equipment with that thing, how are you handling the higher voltage? I was thinking of making myself a thermostat but my unit is all 120VAC controls which makes it a bitch
>>
The display has 14 pins , it is not like in the picture . The project is not made for hvac equipment , but anyway I used a voltage divider between the thermistor and GND . It will just be plugged by usb in laptop .
>>
>>914331
>>914375
Could you be more specific with what's your problem?

You need to use ADC to measure the voltage and use a table+interpolation to calculate the temperature based on the voltage.

And when in doubt, refer to datasheet.
>>
My only problem is that i can't find tutorials / tips for the code part . This is quite an unpopular MSP and i want to know where to find some projects to make an ideea about coding.
>>
>>914437
What part of it, exactly? Or do you mean the whole shit from processor initialization to displaying shit on LCD?
>>
whole shit , although i think it doesn't have more than 20 code lines
>>
>>914437
I assume what you're trying to say is that you can't find an SDK for that particular part, not that you're having trouble writing what amounts to a for-loop?
>>
yes , sorry for the lack of details
>>
File: MSP resources.png (115 KB, 1324x533) Image search: [Google]
MSP resources.png
115 KB, 1324x533
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Was afraid of that.

Hope pic helps.

Do you have any coding experience?
>>
>>914501
*CCS (code composer studio) not CSS
>>
File: Project.png (12 KB, 618x323) Image search: [Google]
Project.png
12 KB, 618x323
>>914501
http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/launchpads-msp430-msp-exp430g2.html#tabs
this is the specific MCU
I have medium experience in C and C++
>>
>>914528
I'm not seeing the specific problem here.

From what you're saying, you already have everything you need to execute this project.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.