[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/ I've got an Ozito bandsaw. The blade that came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Hello /diy/

I've got an Ozito bandsaw. The blade that came fitted has snapped and I'm trying to replace it. I've discovered an issue with the blade guides.

Pictures with captions incoming
>>
The lower saw guide's roller pushes the blade over a very large amount.
>>
File: 1449905818756.jpg (211 KB, 672x1198) Image search: [Google]
1449905818756.jpg
211 KB, 672x1198
>>913815
That bearing looks way out of alignment. the blade guides and the bearing all appear to be on the one piece of metal, if the locknut is undone can that assembly be moved to realign it to the blade?
>>
I can only move it backwards and forwards. I can't see how to adjust it left and right.
I've lost the manual, their customer service is closed and their website sucks.

What if I just don't use the bottom guide roller? I'll adjust the other guides very well.
>>
>>913816
Hi mate :)
From your suggestion I have these photos of the lock nut. I'm not sure if it will allow me to move it horizontally
>>
>>913816
>>
>>913810
Fucking ozito! Learnt my lesson on one of their table saws, luckily could take it back and exchange it
>>
>>913818
It's been awhile since I've worked on one if these, but I think lower bearing shown is used as a thrust bearing. It's meant to take the load when you push material intyo the blade. IMHO it looks fine.
>>
>>913810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_bUCTCNUmo

why not diy your own? just replace those rods with hardwood dowels, and it will wear to shape.
>>
Two thoughts,,,
1) band saw blade guide rollers are usually mounted on eccentrics, so that you can adjust the position they set at. Have you tried loosening the center nut on the rollers, and rotating the "stub" that the rollers are mounted on?

2) the saw's frame itself could be cracked or bent. You may be boned if that is the case and you can't buy another frame.

I've seen a couple different manuals for different brands of (metal-cutting) band saws that said to tighten them rather tight, but every machinist guy I've heard says that's bullshit--you just tighten the tension enough for the saw to work and prevent the blade from slipping. It is the over-tightening that leads to snapped blades and cracked frames.
>>
The lower bearing is a thrust bearing. The blade shouldn't ride on the outside of the bearing.
>>
>>914232
>>913909

only people itt who have actually seen the inside of a bandsaw before...

as said above the blade should run in front of the bearing... so that when you push wood into it the blade has something to keep it from being pushed out of alignment.. they use a bearing so that the part the blade hits can spin easily... they use that specific style because it works well enough and they're already buying them for the other parts so why get complicated with it...
>>
Bandsaw alignment 101-
Move all guides out of the way.
Set tension.
Set tracking. Blade should stay in center of tire when you spin by hand.
Adjust upper bearing to just touch blade
Adjust guides to either side of blade with no clearance but no friction either.
Profit.
>>
>>914452
I forgot one point. Under no circumstance should the guides touch the teeth or the rake. Only the back, flat part of blade. Basically once tracking properly, all guides and bearings should adjust to keep blade at that point.
>>
>>914256
>only people itt who have actually seen the inside of a bandsaw before...
I dunno mucho bout wood-ly saws, i only does metal-cutting... :'|
metal-cutting bandsaws usually have triple eccentric rollers on both the top and bottom guides: one roller on each side and one on the back
>>
>>914571
they have this style guide setup for wood as well, however they're less common...
>>
>>914571
yep, wood-ly saws are the same... except cheaper wood-ly/metal saws have one bearing on the back and ceramic bushings on either side for alignment.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.